GESTRA/CSR & Procurement Agent
Company: Spirax Sarco Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAs a global leader in the engineering, design,
production and application of technology, GESTRA USA, Inc. offers
customers product solutions and services that function with maximum
reliability. Our products comprise of a complete range of systems
and intelligent solutions, and are used wherever steam is generated
or distributed. These include engineered valves, control systems,
complete boiler & blow down controls, steam traps, check valves,
condensate pumps and severe service valves for steam and thermal
fluid control.We're looking for an exceptional candidate to provide
Customer Service to support domestic, international, direct and
distributor/reseller customers and to attend to inventory control
and procurement from Steam Specialties and third party suppliers
using Company tools and business processes such as IQM. All
communications, actions and tasks are performed with the highest
regard for safety, customer satisfaction and are guided by our Core
Values. This position will be primarily onsite, with occasional
flexibility to work remotely depending on workflow and business
needs.Some Responsibilities Include: • Multi functional role
working as a team member of Gestra USA/North America to exceed
internal and external customer expectations. Interact with Steam
Specialties and Gestra headquarters in Bremen, Germany as well as
SSEL in the UK.
- Provides support on customer and sales generated inquiries,
pricing and lead time, answers basic technical inquiries, expedites
shipments as needed in response to customer needs through all forms
of modern communications.
- Answers product, technical and logistical requirements received
by telephone, email or via internet. Responds to customer inquiries
regarding status of shipments. These inquiries originate from sales
personnel as well as external customers.
- Supports Contract Administrator following proper inventory
control measures, including expediting of internal and external
- Works with distribution partners on issuing and tracking of
inventory returns and credits.
- Prepares and processes all records needed for shipping
including bills of lading, air bills and invoices. Enters and
maintains tracking data on all shipments. Completes all specified
reports and maintains all files.
- Determines the most appropriate carrier arrangements, comparing
pricing and delivery schedules of carriers; works with carriers to
ensure advantageous pricing and timeliness; arranges for carrier
- Performs specific duties to ensure the appropriate shipment of
exported products such as consolidating orders shipped to
particular international locations.
- Receives finished goods from various suppliers including goods
from Gestra in Bremen, Engineered Systems and valve assembly into
inventory and prepares appropriate paperwork to show the parts are
ready for shipping.
- Operates gas and or electrically powered lifting devices.
- Light assembly work or dismantling/rebuilding of mechanical and
- May oversee warehouse personnel. Requirements:
- High School GED or equivalent
- College degree is a plus
- 3+ years of related experience in customer service or inventory
management, preferably in a manufacturing and supply
- Computer literacy in MS office site, word-processing, and
- Experience with MS Dynamics, IQMS, JD Edwards, and E1 a plus
Other:While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level may be loud. The
employee may be subject to welding/soldering fumes, hot, wet and
humid conditions, noise for steam and hydro testing, dust, fumes,
and hot conditions for powder coating
Keywords: Spirax Sarco Inc, Columbia , GESTRA/CSR & Procurement Agent, Sales , Blythewood, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!