Posted on: April 17, 2019
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: Under the general direction of the
Senior Property Manager (SPM) and collaboration with the operations
team, the maintenance technician will be responsible for property
maintenance operations in accordance with company policies,
procedures and standards. The individual should possess knowledge
and skills in property maintenance with extensive emphasis on
customer service. This individual must be willing and able to
respond to emergency calls 24/7. This position is based in our
- Commit to Prologis' Five Drivers of Competitive Advantage,
which includes exceeding our customers' expectations, participating
in initiatives that improve our portfolio, and generate savings
through supplier and vendor contract bidding.
- Perform general property maintenance of assigned buildings and
coordinate special projects as directed by property managers.
- Perform proactive/responsive repairs and maintenance as
requested by customers and property managers.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance
- Perform scheduled site inspections in the Mobile Maintenance
software application on a semi-annual basis. These inspections
include (but are not limited to) roof, structure, sidewalks,
asphalt, and landscaping. Monitor appearance and upkeep of
properties on a weekly basis. As appropriate, remove litter and
debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps,
and mechanical rooms.
- Collaborate with the property managers to complete capital
repairs and maintenance.
- Communicate with property managers on your daily schedule,
customer issues, and condition of the properties.
- Perform routine inspections on all vacant units and notify
property managers of any issues.
- Assist in preparation of vacant units prior to customer
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company,
local, City, State and Federal guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA). Report
safety issues as needed.
- Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals,
tools, and equipment. Ensure tools and equipments are in optimum
- Alert the property managers of any unusual occurrence and/or
property damage sustained or any potential hazard to be
- Assist in inspecting, monitoring and documenting all work being
performed by outside vendors.
- Respond immediately to customer or property emergency
situations and alert property managers to the situation(s). Carry
company-provided mobile phone for on-call maintenance.
- Collaborate with Property Managers on the annual capital and
- Attend and complete all required internal and external
- Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Minimum of five years in skilled maintenance work, preferably
in the commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge and experience in plumbing, electrical, and
- Knowledge of the current occupational hazards, and an
understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations
applicable to the maintenance profession.
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary
to perform building maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a
daily basis. Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
Good record keeping for work orders, parts orders, inventory and
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals and written
instructions, blueprints, and technical materials.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven
ability to communicate via email on iPhone/iPad with customers,
vendors, and the Prologis team.
- Ability to use computer software and applications on a laptop
and multiple mobile devices.
- Requires a valid driver's license, good driving record and the
ability to travel to multiple properties.
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours
Nonessential Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of work-safety issues, regulations and programs,
government and utility ordinances preferred.
Keywords: Prologis, Columbia , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!