Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: September 16, 2018
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-includingClub Car--, Ingersoll Rand--,Thermo King--, Trane--, American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO-- - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit. Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- This position is responsible for safely performing high-level repetitive work to quality standards.
- This position is expected to perform a variety of tasks as assigned in conjunction with the building (assembly) of our product.
- Tasks may vary by work area and work assignments may change based on business demands. Essential Job Functions
- Locate parts necessary for assembly, and assembles product in an efficient manner to achieve highest quality as per ISO standard.
- Read blueprints, piping schematics, and bill of materials information.
- Use necessary tools and equipment to assemble products, including but not limited to precision measuring instruments.
- Perform some material handling functions including the operation of fork lifts.
- Perform quality inspection, checking tolerances and specifications, on parts.
- Maintain accurate inventory.
- Follow and adhere to all safety, quality and IR policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required in the following areas:
- Flex Expand
- Pressure Decay
- Test Tank
- Bush and Plug Education, Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED) is required.
- Two plus (2+) year in manufacturing experience preferred.
- Mechanical background and/or experience in mechanical assembly.
- Familiarity with and utilization of all hand tools including wrenches, sockets, hammers, tape measures, crimpers, cutters, steel banding, and power tools such as impact guns, and pneumatic nail guns.
- Knowledge base of and ability to use computer systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Mathematical skills: basic shop math; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Familiarity with the operation of shop machinery (hoists, winches, pallet jacks, etc).
- Must be able to be forklift certified.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Familiar with and utilizes Lean Manufacturing principles including 5S and basic problem solving.
- Supports lean events as well as process improvements.
- Self-motivated and flexible; willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Able to work in a team environment; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to participate in continuous learning opportunities as part of job and personal development.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Ingersoll Rand Values and Core Competencies:
- Willingness to change, flex and learn
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations. If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Columbia , Production Technician, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!