15G Aircraft Structural Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Army planes and helicopters need to be in tip-top shape inside and out to be ready to go at a moment's notice. As an Aircraft Structural Repairer in the Army National Guard, you will inspect, service, and repair structural components on aircraft to ensure that they are ready to deploy for training, rescue, humanitarian, security, or combat missions.
• Repair/replace aircraft structural components according to drawings, blueprints, directives, technical manuals, and safety procedures
• Fabricate structural parts using metal-forming techniques and fiberglass materials
• Make repairs to transparent plastic windows and enclosures
• Balance fixed-wing aircraft controls and apply primers/paints on aircraft surfaces
• Maintain facilities for storage of flammable/hazardous materials
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Engine disassembly and repair
• Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
• Fix hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
• Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Structural Repairer specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, plus 15 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you will learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair abilities in the field and the classroom.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 7857
ZIP Code: 29044
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 engine airplane inspector inspection structure mechanic aviation lead repair align calibrate power distribution aerospace aeronautics avionics line maintenance component overhaul
Keywords: Army National Guard, Columbia , 15G Aircraft Structural Repairer, Professions , Hopkins, South Carolina
here to apply!