Production Line Operator - Ribbon
Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Pull order for production, set up line per design. Run product
right the first time and keep a safe working
environment.Requirements:Education: High School Diploma, or
equivalent Demonstrated ability to read, write, and perform basic
math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, and percentages. Must achieve required hours of OJT/peer
training and achieve company benchmarks on physical skill test on
equipment used and written process knowledge test(s) after
completion of training(Describe briefly the physical
characteristics which are required for performance of the job.
Consider the frequency with which these conditions exist, where
possible.)(Describe briefly the physical Conditions under which the
- Physical Characteristics
- Simple movements of fingers I hands (10%).
- Coordinated movements of fingers I hands (15%).
- Precise movements of fingers I hands (75%).
- Simple movements of arms I torso (25%).
- Coordinated movements of arms I torso (75%).
- Simple movements of feet I legs (75%).
- Coordinated movements of feet I legs (25%).
- Lifting (up to 50 Ibs.)
- Reaching (up to 50 Ibs.)
- Stooping (up to 50 Ibs.)
- Pushing / Pulling (up to 2,000 Ibs.)
- Color Perception & Discrimination (100%) - must pass Munsell
color blind test.
- Sound Perception & Discrimination (100%)
- Texture Perception & Discrimination (100%)
- Form Perception & Discrimination (100%)
- Odor Perception & Discrimination (100%)
- Physical Conditions
- Heavy lifting and moving reels and bobbins.
- Noise which may be potentially injurious, dangerous, or
- Dust which may cause a discomfort level.
- Humidity which may cause a discomfort level.
- Machinery and / or tools which may be potentially injurious,
dangerous, or hazardous.
- Electrical currents which may be potentially injurious,
dangerous, or hazardous.
- Must wear safety shoes and safety glasses at all times.
- Primary Duties
- Pull fibers and tooling for different design ribbons.
- Fill out production reports
- Fill out requisitions for raw materials
- Load and unload bobbins & fiber spools.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains required records according to work instructions.
- Consistently must observe established safety standards and/or
- Consistently must meet Division quality standards for all
- Is required to adhere to all Division Policies, Procedures,
Rules and Regulations in effect now, or in the future.
- Previous production experience in an electronics manufacturing
- Experience in continuous processing preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and ability
to communicate effectively in a work group/team environment with
regard to all job requirements, functions, and duties.
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and apply rules and regulations
pertaining to safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Must be able to utilize and safely operate hand tools (hammer,
screwdriver, knives, work scissors, dikes, razors, and bolt
cutters), nail guns, and torches.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a work group/team
environment with regard to all job requirements, functions, and
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract
and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and
abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute
to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the
development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
requirements. -Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR
Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are
respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and
stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for
the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact us at .
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Columbia , Production Line Operator - Ribbon, Professions , Lexington, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...