Roll Off Driver - CDL (A)
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: A Driver - CDL (A) is responsible for safely
operating a heavy commercial truck, a tractor trailer or a straight
truck with a pup trailer, or other vehicle requiring a class A CDL,
to provide prompt and courteous delivery and removal of large
containers. The Driver - CDL (A) is responsible for ensuring his or
her vehicle is in compliance with the Company's safety standards
prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and
federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the
vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports ("VCRs") on a
daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a
• Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the
vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure,
fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper
working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route and
to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each
customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the
dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with
Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse,
operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the
• Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others
on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a
timely and professional manner.
• Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container
• Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in
accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
• Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable
• Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence
to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is
operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste
from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
• Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other
reports, as required.
• Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the
department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company's ReSOP program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows
through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
• Two years of prior experience driving commercial trucks
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor
repairs to containers.
• Class A Commercial Driver's license with air brakes
Keywords: Republic Services, Columbia , Roll Off Driver - CDL (A), Professions , Bishopville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!