Distribution Center - Area Supervisor
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The DC Area Supervisor leads an hourly team and influences the
entire distribution team to do the fast-paced work required to run
the distribution center as efficiently, safely and productively as
possible. This role will handle management responsibilities for the
team members under his/her supervision. This role is responsible
for ensuring prompt, efficient and accurate handling of merchandise
as well as developing and implementing team goals. This role is
responsible for hiring, evaluation, development, discipline, and
termination of hourly associates. This role has management
responsibilities for 20 to 30 hourly associates.
- 45% Managing Process: Ensures all operations procedures are
followed effectively, and identifies and recommends needed changes
to Operations Manager and/or Assistant General Manager on the
standardized processes for the functional area. Evaluates and
analyzes current work methods and recommends ways to eliminate
- 25% Coaching and Developing Associates: Guides associates in
daily operations, and monitors to ensure a high degree of
productivity, safety, service and quality. Responsible for the
training, coaching and feedback of hourly associates, and performs
regular evaluations of associates through factual data and
subjective observations. Uses discretion to provide coaching and
counseling to associates regarding job performance, methods of
performing job tasks. Resolves associate relations issues that
arise in assigned functional area. Responsible for hiring,
compensation, discipline and terminations of hourly associates in
assigned department. Investigates operational errors to determine
the cause and recommends corrective action where needed.
- 15% Drives Results: Maintains inventory accuracy and control;
reviews reports identifies area of improvement for key metrics
inclouding productivity, accuracy, quality and expenses.
- 15% Business Planning: Coordinats and monitors operations with
the functional area to ensure performance production rates are
consistent with business plan and pattern, reducing irregularities
and damages. Reviews reports and business metrics to analyze and
plan staffing needs for optimimum department operations.
- Additional Responsibilities: Other duties as assisgned by
Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager or General
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically reports to the Operations Manager.
- This position is accountable for the direct supervision of the
work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work
of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of
a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups. Makes
recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance
appraisal and professional development.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to relocate
- Bachelor's degree;
- Computer skills in software including Microsoft Office;
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems;
- 3+ years supervisory experience in a related field;
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- People Management: Assesses skills and manages the work and
productivity of others while coaching and developing talent.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to
assist with managing budgets, forecast labor, and provides
information to account for the financial impact of decision
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in
thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly
and succintly across a variety of communication settings and
adjusts communication style to the audience.
- Conflict Management: Views conflict as an opportunity to find
common ground and gain cooperation from all parties. Reads
situations quickly, actively listens, and settles disagreements and
- Operations Systems: Understands and uses systems and tools used
for day to day operation of a facility. Navigates the various DC
operations systems in order to retrieve data accurately and
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Columbia , Distribution Center - Area Supervisor, Professions , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!