Company: SKF - North America
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Overview:This position is primarily responsible for the
lubrication, preventative maintenance, and repair of factory
production machinery.Responsibilities Include -But Not Limited
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments and duties as
scheduled and/or required, reports findings to supervisor, and
takes appropriate actions.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and mechanical
malfunctions of machines and equipment.
- Performs diagnosis and repair of electric motor and control
- Perform disassemble and assemble electrical wires, connections,
conduit, motors, controls, etc. on de-energized machinery/equipment
- Notify supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and
corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies
- Start machines and equipment to test operation following
- Operate welding, fabricating, or machining equipment to repair
or make replacement parts.
- Perform lubrication and oiling on machines including the change
of hydraulic fluids and filters.
- Ensure that oil, water, and coolant spills are cleaned up, and
waste materials are disposed of within Company and regulatory
- Handle and disposes of coolants and oils within Company and
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment
including identification of unsafe conditions.
- Assist supervisor or engineering department to modify designs
of machine components such as guarding, hydraulic, or mechanical
drive systems. -
- Perform continuous improvement (lean) activities as may be
assigned or required.
- Perform other duties and assignments as scheduled and/or
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to
- An Associates (A.S.) in an Industrial Science field
- Minimum of two (2) years of machine maintenance experience in a
- Knowledgeable of CNC machine functions.
- Must be in good physical condition with an ability to stoop,
bend, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. -
- Must be able to obtain a forklift operation qualification.
- Comprehensive communication skills in the English language both
verbal and written for the purpose of safety on the shop
- Basic understanding and ability to use MS Excel.
- Specialized training in mechanical or electrical repairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.Rest
and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid
holidays!Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the
wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical
and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes
biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your
spouse and incentives for healthy living!Invest in your Future. SKF
offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our -401K
-program that boasts a 100% -match -up to 5% of your elected
contribution (100% Vested). -Regardless of your participation, SKF
automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3
Years Vesting).You should be proficient in:
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- PLC Troubleshooting SkillsSalary info:$17 - $26 / hr
Keywords: SKF - North America, Columbia , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!