Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator I- Integrated Supply
Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Vallen's Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Associate is an individual
contributor that delivers and manages inventory at customer's
designated sites. Performs the physical or administrative tasks
involved in storing, distributing and order fulfillment of
merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
Verifies goods distribution against purchase orders or invoices.
Conducts inventory task in accordance with local VMI processes.
Responsible for safety of public while operating company vehicles.
Follows proper guidelines for use of all equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drive company commercial vehicles to transport and deliver goods
to designated locations in a safe manner and in compliance with all
State and Federal DOT standards and regulations.
* Works to ensure the accuracy of shipments to the customer.
* Assist with the VMI customer space/placement, sets up the
appropriate area to receive shipment of material and stocks product
in the customer's designated area.
* Follows the customer order through from pick-up at Vallen's
warehouse/DC to delivery and set up at customer site.
* Takes customer spot buy orders when needed and relays the
information to the CSR or Account Rep.
* Scans barcodes at customer site to generate customer orders.
* Perform VMI functions at vending point of use areas: loading,
receiving and minor repairs or changes, including mandatory
communication with direct supervisor and the sales team.
* Maintains awareness of min/max, reorder point/quantity and
reports observations back to managements.
* Recommends changes to the customer inventory levels based on
* Ensures that bar code labels are up to date and legible for
scanners to read and advised management when new barcode labels are
* Assist in the annual inventory (cycle) counts on consigned
* Presents information and respond to questions from clients,
customers, and managers.
* 5S all VMI Point of Use areas.
* Performs other duties as requested.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum 1 year experience or training in warehouse, inventory
counting or delivery
* The ability to drive a box truck and pass D.O.T physical.
* Valid driver's license that complies with Vallen's standards.
* Willingness to learn and work on assignments that are
semi-routine in nature.
* Must be a self-starter with the willingness to work with
* Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
* Demonstrated ability to get the job done correctly and in a
* Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem
* Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships
with customers, co-workers and management.
* Willing to gain knowledge of company products.
* Ability to represent Vallen in a professional manner projecting a
Winning Team approach to customer service.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions of this position.
* May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various
forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear,
* Required to properly operate and control a motor vehicle;
specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties
demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
* Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching,
grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying
multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and
* May be required to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; must have the
ability to handle physical inventory that requires hand
* May work in extreme hot or cold environments; various facilities
may have dusty conditions.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain
solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of
maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical
products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in
facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA,
part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and Career Path
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Columbia , Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator I- Integrated Supply, Professions , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!