Sr. Analyst - Estate/Legacy
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Client Needs Research Team is seeking a talented and
experienced Senior Analyst, Estate/Legacy to expand our estate and
legacy discipline by conduct rigorous and thorough technical and
qualitative analysis focused in the area of estate and legacy
planning strategies. The role will include creating and
representing the firm's advice & guidance focused on estate,
legacy, and multi-generational planning to a variety of
stakeholders within the firm and externally to help our clients
reach their financial goals.
The Client Needs Research team is responsible for developing and
communicating the firm's advice and guidance regarding financial
planning strategies and execution as part of the firm's Client
Strategies Group Division. This division also helps to ensure that
our branch teams and clients have access to high-quality services,
products, and experiences that are aligned with the firm's advice
and guidance. In addition, the group drives innovation that will
enhance our client experience, products, services, processes, and
systems to meet our current and future client needs. These areas
play a pivotal role in supporting the firm's goals of deeply
serving clients, and associates serve as the firm's subject matter
experts for their respective areas.
- Conduct fundamental research and analysis in the estate and
legacy practice area to help develop advice and guidance on estate,
legacy, charitable, wealth transfer and multi-generational planning
- Develop data sources and research processes as needed to
support the growth of the estate and legacy discipline.
- Act as subject matter expert, and support strategists, to
develop and communicate advice and guidance in the estate and
legacy area of financial planning, as well as identify risks and
opportunities related to estate and legacy strategies based on
items such as changes in client demographics, legislation, economic
environment, etc. In addition, should be able to provide insight on
overarching financial planning concepts.
- Monitor legislative activity for potential changes that impact
estate and legacy planning.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership on estate, legacy and financial
planning strategies and share knowledge with other analysts, engage
in and/or lead department-wide initiatives
- Effectively communicate complex planning topics in advice and
guidance in written materials and verbally in support of
Strategists, both internally and externally.
- Help define and effectively communicate estate and financial
planning ideas and industry knowledge to FAs, clients and the
public if needed.
- Provide service to branches by responding to service requests,
phone calls, and other inquiries.Position Requirements
- Finance, Accounting, or Economics Bachelor's degree
- JD, CPA, MS in taxation or LLM preferred
- CFP designation or actively pursuing consistent with department
- Series 7/66 within six months of hire, consistent with
- 7+ years' experience in estate and wealth planning
- Demonstrated success in preparing technical/complex advisor and
- Expert knowledge in estate, charitable, wealth transfer and
- Prior experience preparing, developing, and interpreting estate
and financial plans.
- Capable of determining the appropriateness of strategies by
making use of sources such as the tax code, case studies,
government reports, trade journals, technical periodicals, and firm
- Established knowledge of all phases of financial planning
- Ability to build financial models that examine scenarios and
- Strong understanding (or expectation of developing a strong
understanding) of the Edward Jones investment philosophy and
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $128299 - $218456
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Columbia , Sr. Analyst - Estate/Legacy, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!