Posted on: May 15, 2022
Req Wednesday, April 13, 2022 Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a
subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing
solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive.
With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett
touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning
content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local
media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a
wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more
than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital
marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and
WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and
runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY
To connect with us, visit . ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
GANNETT Publishing Services
WE ARE OFFERING AN HOURLY SALARY RANGE BETWEEN $20-$25 AN HOUR
BASED ON EXPERIENCE
The Electro-Mechanical Technician performs advanced mechanical,
electrical, data, and programmable maintenance to maintain,
diagnose and repair specified production equipment and systems and
acts in a lead role to support efficient production operations as
needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality
standards, low waste, and operational safety. The role may be
specific to electrical or mechanical functions, dependent on
department needs. Work as part of a team to achieve and maintain
on-time production performance, including product quality and
accuracy standards and operational safety, including OSHA & EPA
Responsibilities Technical Services Department Tasks at an Advanced
- Perform new equipment installations, upgrades, and
- Schedule and perform advanced mechanical & electrical
maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on all designated equipment:
CTP Imagers, processors, benders, press controls, printing units,
reels, dampening & inking systems, inserting equipment, stackers,
strappers, labelers, applicators, bindery equipment, conveyors,
motors, pumps, dryers, and other ancillary equipment.
- Assist management and contract service providers.
- Contribute to staff training and development. Safety
- Always work safely and consistently utilize the required safety
equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading
safety compliance within the department, including accident
investigations and follow up.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs:
Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective
Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens,
- Ensure all machine safety guards are installed, functioning
properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational
concerns, and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production
- Provide timely & accurate information to management.
- Immediately report equipment or product issues to production
- Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and production
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Trade certification in electrical, machinists, or specialty
training required (Vocational school, military, trade).
- Minimum of five years of related experience in electrical and
mechanical maintenance, diagnostics, and repair.
- Certified electrical training required (Vocational school,
- Journeyman level electrical certification preferred.
- English language fluency: Speaking, reading, and writing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability and knowledge of soldering, multi-meter, and
- Good PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel,
- Computer networking & electronics.
- PLC and interface knowledge. Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal
opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a
diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified
applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection
with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees
race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship
status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion,
age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and
weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),
education, genetic characteristics or information, political
affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications
protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the
jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett
Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable
accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion,
to complete this employment application and/or any other process in
connection with an individuals application for employment with
Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should
contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at . Other
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Gannett Publishing Services
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Gannett, Columbia , Electro-Mechanical Technician, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!