Records Analyst I
Company: South Carolina Job Board
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This position is located in Centralized Document Management (CDM),
Richland County. Under general supervision, Records Analyst are
responsible for collecting, evaluating, organizing, and indexing
Medicaid documents received by Centralized Document Management
(CDM) into the appropriate systems of record. This includes
identifying and researching document types, analyzing and indexing
documents, and transferring data when needed. Records Analyst must
understand and complete daily work tasks in an accurate and timely
* Uses various information sources, electronic tools, and systems
provided by the Department to index and act upon information
provided by applicants/beneficiaries and third parties. Follows
policies and procedures for the collection, researching, and
transferring of documentation. Data Coordinators are responsible
for following the CDM's established workflow guidelines and
* Demonstrates proficiency in all processes, policies, procedures,
and systems to ensure all scanning/indexing is completed
accurately. Uses various information sources, electronic tools, and
systems provided by the Department to index and act upon
information provided by applicants/beneficiaries and third parties.
Follows policies and procedures for the collection, researching,
and transferring of documentation.
* Participates in all required trainings provided by the
* Maintains awareness of and complies with all agency policies,
including privacy, confidentiality, standards of conduct,
performance, time, and leave. Performs other duties as assigned by
supervisory staff and agency leadership. Maintains a professional
demeanor and communication style, ensuring that communication and
interactions with co-workers, supervisors, and beneficiaries is
clear, polite, and concise. Ensures that confidential or private
information is maintained in accordance with State and Federal law
as articulated through departmental policies and training.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services offers
an exceptional benefits package for FTE and TGE positions that
* Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
for Employee, Spouse, and Children.
* 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year.
* 15 days sick leave per year.
* 13 paid holidays.
* State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma and experience in records management,
information systems or office administration.
* Overtime and/or weekend work with Deputy approval.
* Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
* Lifting requirements: 20 lbs.
* Must be able to work Monday through Friday from 8:30am -
* Must be able to work in a professional office environment with a
diverse group of co-workers and provide exceptional customer
service through written, verbal and non-verbal communications. Must
exercise good judgement and discretion and must have the ability to
interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of the functions in an office environment such as
office practices, proper office etiquette and standard office
* Proficient in computer functions such as, Microsoft Office
software, internet browsers. and using multiple operating systems
at one time.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to quickly
adapt to change and great attention to detail.
* Knowledge of SCDHHS Medicaid Eligibility systems: MEDS, CURAM,
OnBase, MMIS, and CGIS.
* Previous document indexing knowledge. Familiar with HIPAA and
Please complete the State application to include all current and
previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted
nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the
qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are
considered part of your official application for qualification
purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from
the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is
committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national
origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Keywords: South Carolina Job Board, Columbia , Records Analyst I, Professions , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!