Production Supervisor - Lumber
Posted on: January 13, 2022
DescriptionProduction Supervisor- Prosperity, SC$5,000 Sign on
Bonus Eligible!Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor
in our lumber mill in Prosperity, SC. The Production supervisor
will oversee an operational department and will be responsible for
leading a wood products production team to work
injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment
consistent with management philosophy and framework. The Production
Supervisor is also responsible for supervising and coordinating
production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all
associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety
(EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber
products in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of
the existing safety and quality processes.
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill
development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee
commitment and ownership and holding employees
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement,
ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members
to maximize efficiency.
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and
direction as required.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members and deliver training
materials in a meaningful approach.
- Provide coaching and performance management.
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a
timely and efficient manner.
Team size may range from 10-20 members.Organizational
Responsibility: Position reports to the Department
SuperintendentThe Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a
manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other PC-based production
reporting systems applications
- Must be able and willing to work day shift or night shift
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant
environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air
conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all
safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using
appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in an
industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for
Keywords: Georgia-Pacific, Columbia , Production Supervisor - Lumber, Professions , Prosperity, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!