Concrete Mixer Truck Driver
Company: Knights Companies Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description: Knight's Redi-Mix is seeking to hire full-time
Mixer Truck Drivers to safely and efficiently operate a concrete
mixer truck in order to deliver and discharge concrete products to
our customers. If you have a CDL license and are looking for a
driving job where you can be outside of the office on a daily
basis, we want to meet you! We currently have an open position for
a front discharge and a rear discharge truck. Our Mixer Truck
Driver earns a competitive wage based on experience. We also offer
generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term
disability, voluntary life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company
match, and company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
insurance. Our team also enjoys paid time off, paid holidays, and
an annual work boot allowance. If this sounds like the opportunity
for you, apply today!
- Safely operate a mixer truck to haul loads of concrete to
customer job sites as dispatched within the timeframe
- Follow safe discharge procedures, to include the safe operation
- Provide each concrete load with the proper amount of water to
endure the specified slump is accurate on each job.
- Present a professional, customer-service oriented attitude and
display respect to customers at all times.
- Load and unload cargo while following company/job site policies
- Properly clean drum following each
- Properly track and document activity log, trip tickets, and
other paperwork as required.
- Report any truck and/or route issues or incidents to
- Inspect truck before and after trip.
- Communicate with dispatch and other drivers using proper
two-way radio procedures and etiquette.
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Follow company-assigned safety policies and procedures without
- Attend company-provided and/or company-sponsored training
classes as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class-A or B CDL with a minimum of 5 years' professional
- Current DOT Physical.
- Clean driving record.
- Prior experience operating a mixer truck preferred but not
- Working knowledge of concrete mixes and slump, or the ability
to learn and comprehend concrete mixes and slump.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work a variable-hour schedule.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull maximum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods, stand, walk, type, carry,
kneel, ascend and descend stairs, and bend.
- Ability to work primarily indoors with occasional work outdoors
in multiple types of weather / environmental conditions. Equal
Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace PM21
Keywords: Knights Companies Inc, Columbia , Concrete Mixer Truck Driver, Professions , Blythewood, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!