Quality Technician- 2nd Shift (4:00pm-2:00am)
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108 Why Valmont
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you
join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to
changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want
problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and
innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure,
irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products
and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD. Job
Description How you will contribute Valmont is currently seeking a
highly motivated and talented individual for the Quality Technician
position in the Quality Department. We are looking for a highly
driven individual that will inspect purchased parts, raw materials
and manufactured items insuring quality standards and customer
requirements are being met. This includes accurately completing all
reports and documentation necessary for distribution. Additionally,
- Inspect Poles and CrossArms at auto paint booth daily - check
per print, issue labels, complete wrap/fallout report and check for
accuracy. Alert supervision when necessary of issues.
- Inspect Poles at manual paint booth daily - Check per print,
issue labels, complete wrap/fallout report and check for accuracy.
Alert supervision when necessary of issues.
- Check and test resin/epoxy/filler daily
- Check bundled poles for accuracy
- Check incoming resin tankers against quality standards when
- Fill in for Quality Technician (Composites, Carsonite, Cross
Arms, Light Poles etc.) when needed What it takes Required
- Ability to use and read tape measures, calculator, calipers and
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement
- Ability to complete documentation of inspections and daily
- Ability to learn and understand the quality lab procedures
- Work with and around chemicals/solvents and work in hot and
- Ability to interpret and follow written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Must have to ability to stand for extended periods of time, use
hand and arms to reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel and lift up to 25
lbs. without assistance
- Knowledge of lab procedures.
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to work overtime and weekends Highly qualified
candidates will also possess:
- Excellent communication and observation skills
- Ability to learn and become forklift operator certified
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results Valmont does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic
information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If
you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the
application for employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Columbia , Quality Technician- 2nd Shift (4:00pm-2:00am), Professions , Newberry, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!