Water Treatment Plant Operator III
Company: City of Columbia, MO
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Perform responsible skilled and lead work ensuring the proper
and effective operation of a water treatment plant and constructed
well fields.Essential Job Functions
- Take water samples and complete laboratory tests on fluoride,
chlorine, water chemistry, and iron; properly adjust chemicals for
the treatment process.
- Complete hourly rounds to evaluate treatment process, chemical
feeders, basin trains, and chemical analyzers for proper usage.
- Record data from meters, gauges, control panels and SCADA
(Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system; adjust chemical
feed equipment for proper chemical feed rates.
- Order and stock laboratory and treatment plant with supplies as
needed.Ancillary Job Functions
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced operators.
- Assist higher level plant operator or utility maintenance
supervisor in performing electrical and mechanical repairs and
- Clean and maintain treatment plant, pumping stations, and
- Prepare and paint equipment, walls floors, and the like; wash,
wax, and buff floors; empty trash; clean and sanitize bathroom
fixtures, drinking fountains, and sinks; and dust furniture,
shelves, counters, and other surfaces.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Education and
Experience - An equivalent combination of education, training and
experience will be considered
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience.
- Must possess and maintain "A" level water operator's
certificate from Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of
those commonly associated with this position
- Considerable knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools,
materials, and equipment of water treatment activities.
- Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions
connected with water treatment.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of state and federal
standards and regulations related to the operation of a drinking
- Ability to use and maintain bench/hand tools and test equipment
associated with water treatment.
- Ability to read meters and gauges and to record findings.
- Ability to take water samples and conduct routine laboratory
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.Work Environment -
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with
the performance of the functions of this job
- May be required to work in confined spaces, hazardous traffic
conditions, or high/dangerous places.
- May be exposed to wet/humid conditions, inclement outdoor
weather, vibration, extreme temperatures, mechanical oils, airborne
particles/fumes, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock,
potentially hazardous bodily fluids, potentially hazardous or
cancer-causing agents/chemicals, or loud noise levels.Physical
Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the
functions of this job. The physical demands described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions
- Often required to talk and listen.
- Must be able to feel attributes of objects, grasp, push, stand,
walk, drive, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, crouch,
climb/balance, and operate mechanical equipment.
- Regularly required to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or
- Must have clarity of vision, three-dimensional vision, ability
to identify and distinguish colors, and precise hand-eye
- May be required to lift 100 or more pounds.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential
function.Hours/DaysRotating 12 hour shifts
Keywords: City of Columbia, MO, Columbia , Water Treatment Plant Operator III, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!