Company: The W W Williams Company
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Transmission Technician (Columbia, SC): At W.W. Williams the
Transmission Technician will focus on transmission related issues
along with diesel engine and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs.
Demonstrates highest level of knowledge & experience to diagnose
and repair both simple and complex truck systems. Maintain current
knowledge of mechanics and mechanical test equipment, experience
with Allison Transmission and Detroit Diesel engines preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary focus on Transmission related issues.
- Diesel engines and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs.
- Inspect transmission and/or engine for conformance to
- Diagnose cause of nonconformance. Identify corrective action
necessary to correct nonconformance.
- Diagnose and repair basic equipment wiring.
- Paper work and/or R/O documentation.
- Basic computer literacy and good verbal communication
- Performs other routine duties. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver's License, ASE Certification preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A. A.) or
equivalent from two-year College or technical/vocational school;
and/or three to four+ years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Competitive
wages and benefits, EOE/AAP/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP. From Trainee
to Journeyman, W.W. Williams is Hiring the Best of the Best! We are
Offering Sign-On Bonuses and Relocation Assistance for Top
Technician Candidates!!! (Up To $3,000 for Qualified
Keywords: The W W Williams Company, Columbia , Transmission Technician, Professions , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!