Engineering Regional Manager
Company: The Wooten Company
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Company: Looking back on our 80 years in business, it is
humbling to see just how many friends we've made, some of whom have
been standing by us for more than 60 years. They come from all
types of business and we appreciate them as much as they appreciate
us. Providing uncompromising service to our municipal, county and
private entity clients has been the top priority for The Wooten
Company since 1936.
We are a multidisciplinary firm who provides engineering,
architectural, and geomatics services.
Our range of capabilities includes environmental, general civil,
site civil, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering,
architecture, surveying and GIS services.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Wooten Company's Columbia, SC Regional Office
is seeking a team-focused, innovative Engineering Regional Manager
to lead and grow our expanding office.
Who are you? The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated civil
engineer (PE) with a strong background in completing successful
water, wastewater and / or storm water projects for local
municipalities and private clients. You have been a licensed
Professional Engineer for at least 10 years. You are responsible,
work well with a team and communicate well with people of varying
backgrounds and experiences. You are hungry to learn and grow
professionally in your field.
What will you be doing? Using a hands-on approach, candidates can
expect to work with utility owners, such as local municipalities
and utility authorities, in the delivery of critical water and
sewer services, along with other community facilities. In an effort
to grow our presence in South Carolina, you will be committed to
expansion and the overall success of the regional office by
implementing strategies that increase our client base through
business development efforts, increase financial metrics, maintain
high productivity and profitability, and promote teamwork within a
positive environment. The person in this role can make a
significant community impact by supporting our clients as they
carry out their mission to efficiently own, operate, and maintain
public utilities on behalf of their customers / residents.
Candidates can expect to be continually challenged to independently
design projects and lead a team of colleagues to develop solutions
that meet our client's needs, using the right mix of advanced
technology and historically successful measures, while working
within the financial boundaries of the project stakeholders.
Who will you be working with? The Engineering Regional Manager can
expect cross functional collaboration across all teams and
specialties, providing an opportunity to interact with The Wooten
Company colleagues in both North and South Carolina. Additionally,
this person will regularly work with municipal and private clients,
as well as state and federal regulatory agencies. For the right
person with a desire to grow professionally, this role is a unique
opportunity to obtain a depth and breadth of civil engineering
ability and to contribute to the growing presence of TWC in the
South Carolina region.
Where will you be working? Our Columbia office is located in a
desirable area of South Carolina state capital, home of the
University of South Carolina's fighting Gamecocks, Riverbanks Zoo
and Garden, historic downtown's wide array of restaurants and
brewpubs, and a host of outdoor parks.
- Formulate and oversee business development, marketing, and
strategic planning for the regional office.
- Supervise, monitor and maintain client relationship strategies;
serve as the primary client contact for clients in South
- Routinely network in the community/South Carolina to improve
the presence and reputation in the region and company.
- Serve as Senior Project Manager with the ability to set and
track budgets and schedules, and prepare project invoicing.
- Provide technical oversight in water, storm water, and
wastewater projects with cradle-to-grave competency.
- Direct and supervise staff activities within the regional
office including hiring, terminations, performance reviews and
- Assist with development of probable construction cost opinions
- Attend client meetings-days and nights - to ensure continued
- Maintain control of project work---in---process to ensure
accurate client billings. Monitor outstanding accounts receivables
and be assertive in collection efforts on projects.
- Direct and provide technical assistance in the preparation and
modification of funding applications, studies/reports,
specifications, plans, construction documents, permits and designs
for various projects.
- Monitor and approve internal office purchase requirements and
external project-related subcontracting for regional office
- Oversee the daily operations of the regional office.
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- SC licensed Professional Engineer
- Participation in at least one professional organization in the
South Carolina area preferred
- Previous supervisory and management experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (O365)
applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent Project Management and client development
- Experience in local government capital improvement planning,
design, permitting, bidding and construction
- Familiarity with construction administration of municipal
- Experience with design of water distribution systems, sanitary
- Experience with state and federal funding applications for
municipal utility projects
- Must have good interpersonal and management skills to
communicate effectively, both in written and verbal form
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train regional office
employees to reach the common goals of the regional office and the
- Ability to travel, with some overnight stays, as required
Keywords: The Wooten Company, Columbia , Engineering Regional Manager, Professions , Cayce, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!