Senior Business Analyst
Company: Duck Creek Technologies
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an
industry.The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring
amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks
and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly,
challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?"
over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do
things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to
reshape an industry.If having a hand in transforming one of the
world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for
innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds
exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.Senior Business
Analyst (Claims)The Sr. Business Analyst is an experienced resource
on a project team responsible for analyzing and designing new
business processes. The Sr. Business Analyst will participate in
documenting customer requirements to assist the development team in
- Acts as an experienced resource on a project team responsible
for analyzing and designing new business processes
- Works with the Business Architect and other stakeholders to
assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer
- Elicits detailed product requirements and use cases, and
develop and maintain the business requirements.
- Participates in documenting customer requirements to assist the
development team in implementation.
- Transitions the requirements and use cases to the technical
team, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the
- Participates in quality management reviews as outlined in the
Quality Management practice, in particular reviews of the designs,
prototypes and other requirement work products.
- Translates requirements and use cases into test conditions and
expected results for product and user acceptance testing.
- Performs other related duties and activities as
required.REQUIREMENTSEducation and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, or higher education level, or
foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 8 years' professional experience, preferably in a
- Experience interfacing with customers, including customer
presentationsSpecialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in requirements gathering, identifying gaps,
estimating, implementation, test planning and execution, and User
Acceptance Testing definition and execution
- Experience translating requirements and use cases into test
conditions and expected results for assembly, product, and user
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for
P&C insurance softwareOther Requirements:
- Travel: 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country
of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally
and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Keywords: Duck Creek Technologies, Columbia , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!