Campus / Datacenter Network Administrator Journeyman
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission
to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to
improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems
engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management
* The Campus/Datacenter Network Administrator is responsible for
designing campus/datacenter architecture and providing engineering
* Responsibile for Nexus 7k, 5K, 2K and Assessment Summary Result
(ASR) format configuration and design.Implement routing, VLAN's,
QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts. Responsble for
routing protocols to include External Gateway Protocol (EGP) such
as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Open Shortest Path First
(OSPF), and Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) such as and Enhanced
Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
* Designs campus network architectures and provides support to
* Analyze a myriad of networking metrics and recognize sub-par
* Develop reports and trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and
network security incidents.Provides general networking, LAN/WAN
enterprise, CONUS and OCONUS deployment/TDY travel, functional
training, and meetings/briefings to support AFCENT NOSC
Provides ongoing network support, addresses availability issues,
overcomes performance problems and provides overall level 2
* Designs, installs, maintains and coordinates the use of network
* Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for
large, complex networks.
* Manages network performance, diagnoses performance problems and
undertakes tuning activities to ensure network performance meets
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality
transmission service on the network.
* Reports on overall network performance including frequent
problems, underlying issues and plans to improve network
availability, performance and problem resolution.
* Trains users, maintains, creates and deletes user accounts.
* Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms.
* Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and
standards. Enforces network security procedures.
* Associates in related field and 3 or more years' relevant IT
experience; OR 5 or more years' of relevant IT experience.
* Security+ CE or CCNA-Sec
* CCNA, VCA, MCP (Server), and ITIL Foundation
Sumpter, SC / Shaw AFB
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta,
everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Perspecta, Columbia , Campus / Datacenter Network Administrator Journeyman, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!