Keystone - Senior Distribution Specialist
Company: Milliken & Company
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company
is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing
company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to
enhance people's lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth
of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and
performance materials, the company works around the world every day
to add true value to people's lives, improve health and safety, and
help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way
for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has
accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents - and more than 5,000 patents
worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international
leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service.
With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K.,
Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other
sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and
Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver
innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and
build for the future.
* Performs assignments and duties by following established
procedures and management guidelines. Deviations from procedures
must have prior management approval.
* Assist in normal receiving, shipping, finished goods, and raw
* Responsible for maintaining excellent level of housekeeping in
all warehouse areas
* Maintain forklift license.
* Ability to operate a switcher (semi).
SHIPPING & RECEIVING
* Receives raw materials from trucks at warehouse and manufacturing
loading docks. Responsibilities include off-loading, sampling,
labeling, storage, and paperwork.
* Ships finished goods from manufacturing area and warehouse.
Includes movement to loading dock area, placement of product and
shipping labels on containers, transfer of bill of lading,
certificate of analysis & MSDS of truck driver.
* Responsible for safe, efficient, accurate, and timely receipt,
shipment and movement of finished goods and raw materials.
* Operates computer system to receive raw materials, ship finished
goods, complete bin transfers, and other transactions as required
(this includes use of the SAP system via barcoding and terminal
* Fills out necessary computer sheets, records, and logs.
* Performs other assignments as required by the warehouse
* Responsible for safe execution of duties in accordance with the
Chemical Manufacturing Safety Rules, including wearing of required
personal protective equipment, using of all provided safety
devices, following all procedures.
* Responsible for equipment checkout & startup after planned or
emergency shutdown in accordance with established procedures.
* Actively participate in the safety process through execution of
safety audits, participation in safety projects, safety OFI's, and
being an attending and participating member of a safety team.
* Complete annual safety training as required.
* Report all spills to Warehouse Manager. Fill out spill report for
any spill greater than 5 gallons.
Follow all plant procedures to ensure no negative impacts on the
environment, health, safety, security, and Responsible Care
processes of Milliken Chemical
This position is first shift, hours are typically Monday-Friday
8am-5pm, with occasional over time.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Willing and able to wear a respirator.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Milliken & Company, Columbia , Keystone - Senior Distribution Specialist, Professions , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!