Information Security Specialist
Posted on: October 19, 2019
@SYNNEX, we believe everyone has a story to tell. If you have a
passion for advancing technology solutions, always putting
customers first and want to become part of a team that embraces
differences and creates trends, build your career story with us. We
strive to create a work environment that is fun and inclusive with
a sense of work-life balance and charitable giving.
Our recruiting experience is digital!
Technology is at the core of our business we don t just sell
technology, we use it. The power of digital interviewing allows you
the flexibility of using your computer or mobile device to record
your interview on your own schedule in the comfort of your home.
Our recruiting process allows you to tell your story in a
stress-free way that is interactive and fun, so if you receive a
link to Share your Story with us, we hope you have an awesome
GET INSPIRED BY THE WORK YOU'LL DO
INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST
* Within established frameworks, participates in the development,
implementation and assurance of technical security strategies
across SYNNEX, with little to no supervision. Considered an expert
on IT security matters.
* Responsible for the established assurance of information security
mechanisms and services throughout the enterprise.
* Works as part of a cross-functional team that manages a full
spectrum of technology issues and problems providing security-based
direction in technical standards, planning and strategy.
* Participates in the implementation of complex security
initiatives and global security parameters based upon the level of
risk for all enterprise IT platforms and infrastructure.
* Provides internal consulting, internal analysis and security
reviews to support project teams and business units in identifying
secure solutions for attaining business goals and objectives.
* Remains current on potential business threats and is proactive in
supporting new security policies and modifications to current
* Performs probes of the network, applications, and devices to
determine if security vulnerabilities exist and if security and
access control policies have been violated.
* Needs to be available for on-call duty when necessary.
YOUR PASSION IS SPARKED BY
* Bachelor s degree or higher in Computer Science or higher degree
in CS and at least 5 years of direct or equivalent experience in
the areas of anti-virus, intrusion detection, deep packet
inspection, firewall/UTM, vulnerability testing, malware-analysis,
or security networking/system administration.
* Demonstrated programming experience with UNIX shell scripting,
Perl, etc. plus established competence and experience with Sun and
HP storages, Sun servers, NFS, security issues, etc.
* Solid background with enterprise-level virtualization strategy,
design, implementation and maintenance using VMware vSpehere 5.x
servers and clusters including vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
and vCloud Director.
* Direct experience with LAN/WAN and TCP/IP as related to VMware
infrastructure; experience with HP EVA SAN storage and fiber
channel fabrics preferred.
* Confirmed skills with ESXi scripting and automation in support in
server commissioning and maintenance.
* Strong Linux systems and network programming skills and Linux
system administration and performance debugging and tuning.
* Strong knowledge of Hardware and Systems monitoring using IPMI,
SNMP, Syslog etc.
* Strong knowledge of AAA concepts and technologies: RADIUS,
TACACS, LDAP and MFA/2FA.
* Strong knowledge of Databases.
* Experience using network security and prevention tools (e.g.
wireshark, metasploit, Kali, SNORT, tcpdump, etc.).
* Strong analytical skills and excellent business communication
* Must be able to work during non-standard business hours and
* Ability to adapt to new technologies and programming
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation
* Must have knowledge in at least one of these key areas of IT
technologies, HTTP Web Servers or SMTP Mail Servers.
* Must well work in a demanding, fast paced team environment
* Knowledge of Fortinet and HPE networking is a plus
* Knowledge of Tenable System Center (Tenable.sc) is a plus
* Ethical Hacker certification is desired
@ SYNNEX CORPORATION, WE BELIEVE EMPLOYEES ARE OUR GREATEST ASSET
AND WE EMPOWER THEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR BUSINESS. DIVERSITY
AND INCLUSION MAKES US ALL BETTER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL
RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR,
RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER
IDENTITY, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, AND ALL OTHER
@ SYNNEX CANADA LIMITED, WE ARE COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING
ACCOMMODATION AND INCLUSIVITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
THROUGHOUT THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND EMPLOYMENT LIFECYCLE. IF YOU
REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION DURING THE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS,
PLEASE LET US KNOW; WE WILL WORK WITH YOU TO MEET YOUR NEEDS.
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees with
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Keywords: Synnex, Columbia , Information Security Specialist, Other , Greenville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!