Company: EMCOR Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 19, 2019
· Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural
· Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable, or
· Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place
· Guides member, using tag line (rope).
· Pulls, pushes, or pries steel members into approximate position
while member is supported by hoisting device.
· Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars,
jacks, and hand tools.
· Aligns holes in member with corresponding holes in previously
placed member by drifting drift pins or handle of wrench through
· Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using
plumb bob and level.
· Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be
permanently bolted, or welded in place.
· Alter steel members.
· Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or
· Regular attendance is required.
· Significant travel may be required.
· Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas,
warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to
dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather
conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property,
buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated
positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively
use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds.
Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the
essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to
safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of
standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in
confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel
lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: EMCOR Group, Inc., Columbia , Iron Worker, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!