Community Support Supervisor
Company: New Horizons Community Support Services Inc
Posted on: May 26, 2023
New Horizons Community Support Services, Inc. has an established reputation for excellence in serving adults with behavioral health diagnoses for over 40 years and is certified by the Missouri Department of Mental Health and accredited by CARF. New Horizons serves a diverse body of people. A variety of perspectives in our workforce allows us to create a dynamic and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute to our organization.
New Horizons is looking for a Full-Time Community Support Supervisor to oversee/supervise a team of Community Support Specialists (CSSs) who provide psychiatric rehabilitation services, crisis intervention and psychosocial assessment services to adults with serious mental illness some of whom may also have co-occurring substance use disorder. Looking for a caring person who enjoys challenging work with a variety of responsibilities.
* Hours: Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30PM; Participate in the Supervisory on-call rotation.
*Training: Must obtain CPI, and First Aid (will train)
*Benefits: Full-Time benefits include, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Paid holidays,
paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and 403(b) retirement plan.
*Must complete application and submit resume at www.mo-newhorizons.com .
*EOE. New Horizons is an equal opportunity employer. This applies to everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), age, language preference, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs/religion, education, and socioeconomic status.
Job duties include but not limited to:
* Supervise CSSs and CSSIIs on the team and ensure their interventions with consumers assist the consumer to identify and meet their goals, while learning new skills, and improving their coping and symptom management skills.
* Perform employee performance evaluations for all staff supervised.
*Assist consumers to develop interpersonal/family/community relationships and independent living skills to improve home, school, family, and work environments.
* Ensure follow through with recommended health care, to include scheduling appointments, finding financial resources, and arranging transportation when consumers are unable to perform these tasks independently to decrease hospitalizations and improve overall wellness.
*Provide clinical expertise as it relates to psychosocial assessments, crisis prevention planning, crisis intervention, and safety planning.
* Complete agency intakes for consumers being admitted to the Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (CPR Program).
* Develop, implement, and update treatment plans that identify specific, individualized, and measurable wellness and recovery goals, objectives, and interventions in collaboration with the consumer, family/support system and/or other involved professionals.
*Evaluate CSS documentation to ensure all necessary components are present and ensure documentation is appropriate for billing.
* Coordinate with all New Horizons programs to ensure continuity of consumer care and to affect positive staff relationships.
* Clearly and effectively document clinical impressions and recommendations in an effective manner in assessments, treatment plans and progress notes.
* Participate in a variety of quality improvement activities and ongoing program development.
* Implement and abide by company policy and implement policies and procedures within the team supervised.
MO license or provisional license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Marital and Family Therapist; OR a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) which could be a master's level individual with a degree in a social services field, which includes social work, psychology, A Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHP) which could be master's level individual with a nursing, education, criminal justice, recreational therapy, human development and family studies, counseling, child development, gerontology, sociology, human services, behavioral science and rehabilitation counseling who has experience working with individuals with mental illnesses. Experience working within a team, especially a CPR Program team, is desirable.
A valid driver's license and a favorable driving record.
Keywords: New Horizons Community Support Services Inc, Columbia , Community Support Supervisor, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
here to apply!