Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Description Summary
The Front Desk Supervisor (FDS) is responsible for consistently
delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall
success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives
covering the front desk and is the lead Front Desk support for the
Operations Manager. The main focus of the role is the training,
supervising, and scheduling of the front desk team. This role also
assists the Operations Manager with the accounting and human
resources functions of the Front Office. The FDS serves as the lead
point person with regard to the Front Desk technology systems and
in-house guest marketing initiatives. The FDS also represents the
hotel with all guests in absence of the General Manager and
Operations Manager. Will also function as a Guest Service
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
standards and instill a passion for customer service in all
associates of the hotel.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on all front desk
operations, hotel facilities and services, local directions and
safety and emergency procedures. Ensure all staff has the supplies
needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Supervise the front desk and reservation functions to ensure
the delivery of superior guest services, the security of monies,
credit card transactions and guest information.
- Responsible for the supervision of the security of cash, credit
card transactions, and guest information.
- Supervise the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as
communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room type
and length of stay pricing. Work with the hotel's property
management system (Opera) and reservation system (Synxis) to
maximize revenue through occupancy and rate adjustments based on
- Establish effective Front Desk communication and information
system through logs, department meetings, and one-on-one
interaction with the staff.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery
of guest services is delivered.
- Supervise the daily execution of the shoppe and the pour by
ensuring each is stocked and maintained in an orderly and appealing
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines
in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest
complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel
services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous
- Supervising the accurate processing all cash and credit card
transactions in accordance with established procedures including
but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and
other reports, preparing deposits, and counting/securing assigned
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to
management that may require additional monitoring or
- Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS AND
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of previous hotel experience required.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances preferred.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
training abilities preferred.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems
- Valid driver's license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
holidays. Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Columbia , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...