FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL-TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: May 24, 2023
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time FOOD UNIT LEAD
- Location: Hannah Pamplico - 2121 S. Pamplico Hwy, Pamplico, SC
29583 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday - Friday. Hours may vary.
More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous kitchen and HACCP experience preferred.
ServSafe certification is a plus.
- Starting pay: $16.00 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available We Make Applying Easy!
Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and
search requisition ID number 1183595.The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our
success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Chartwells K12's goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria
happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love
to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000
associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions
to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on
decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top
culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more
information, visit.Job Summary
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees.
Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of
food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for
presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the
complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to
promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and
expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required
daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash
reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food
Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety
of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards
and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees
adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and
washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in
areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Chartwells
K-12are offered many fantastic benefits.Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the followingbenefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Chartwells K-12 maintains a
Req ID: 1183595
Keywords: Compass Group, Columbia , FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL-TIME), Other , Pamplico, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...