Machine Operator (Cross Arms)1st Shift (6:00am-4:00pm)
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet
they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping
feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable
energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote
and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much
more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity
and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors
diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the
world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you
ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented
individual for an Machine Operator position in the Cross Arms
department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will
fabricate utility products through final assembly production for
customer shipping. Additionally, you will
* General assembly labor using standard drill presses, punch
presses, cutoff saws and boxing equipment.
* Set up template for drill and saw fixtures
* Properly assemble, produce and package products by following all
specifications and procedures as outlined in the company product
* Report daily tasks performed on the production sheet. Record
scrap and "cut-downs".
* Report all inventory problems
* Inspect quality of units produced
* Follow prescribed or standard safety regulations
* Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and order
What it takes
* Ability to operate a variety of hand tools, to include routers,
drills, saws and sanders.
* Ability to read and follow written and oral directions
* Ability to use basis math skills
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Ability to become forklift certified
* Ability to use and read tape measures, gauges, hand and portable
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time, use hand and arms
to reach, push, pull stoop, kneel and lift up to lbs. without
* Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot processes and take corrective
* Ability to utilize proper decision making techniques
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to
excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Columbia , Machine Operator (Cross Arms)1st Shift (6:00am-4:00pm), Other , Newberry, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!