Machinist - Third Shift (10:30 PM to 7:00 AM)
Company: Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a privately owned global
leader in the manufacturing of generic drug products,
over-the-counter (OTC) drug products and medical devices. Nephron's
products are sterile, preservative and additive free and proudly
made in the USA! We are headquartered in West Columbia, South
Carolina, with additional distribution centers in Kentucky and
Arizona. Our location provides the ability to develop new devices
and medications including respiratory therapies, ophthalmics, and
injectables, for in-house or contract manufacturing opportunities.
The facility utilizes completely automated manufacturing,
packaging, and distribution systems, in addition to high volume and
redundant utility systems, to ensure production system
availability. Nephron specializes in Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS)
manufacturing, a niche technology that allows a vial of medication
to be formed, filled and sealed in a continuous process, in a
sterile, enclosed environment and without human intervention.
As an industry leader in product safety and quality, Nephron
produces a variety of inhalation solutions, and has distributed
over 1 billion doses of respiratory medication per year since 2009.
Nephron is currently working on research and development projects
that include over 50 new products. The company's longstanding
relationships with major drug wholesalers allow us to distribute
our products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies,
hospitals, home care companies, and long term care facilities.
Nephron has a sales force that covers all fifty states and Puerto
Rico, with additional sales channels throughout South America, the
Middle East, and Europe. Nephron exists to provide top-quality,
affordable medications to everyone.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities and knowledge, skills and
abilities listed below are intended to describe the general content
of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an
exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most
of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or
responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents' performance
objectives as outlined by the incumbents' immediate supervisor or
* Follow all SOPs set forth by Nephron Pharmaceuticals.
* Wear proper PPE as required by task being performed.
* Do not operate any machinery unless specifically trained to do
* Design, make and reverse engineer parts to support plant
* Work with customers in Orlando and Columbia to develop
innovative, cost effective and reverse engineered spare parts for
Bosch and Rommelag production lines.
* Develop expertise in the use of shop equipment and software to
manufacture Rommelag molds for Columbia and Orlando locations.
* Perform maintenance and repairs on BFS molds as needed.
* Follow procedures when performing maintenance or repairs on BFS
* Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident
* Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
* Support startup of Nephron South Carolina facility in other roles
and responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Specific expertise, skills and knowledge in Machine Tool
Technology gained through education and/or experience. (Associates
degree in Machine Tool Technology and/ or 4-5 years equivalent
* A knowledge base that includes the following: blue print reading,
geometric tolerances, software to run CNC machines, basic and
advanced machining skills, welding, grinding, the ability to do
complex assemblies, and fitting mold components together.
* Prior mechanical aptitude/experience.
* Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
* Ability to follow cGMPs and good documentation practices.
* Ability to speak/ read/write English and pass a Mechanical
* Ability and willingness to change direction and focus to meet
business demands to support production.
* Ability to effectively work with limited supervision to
accomplish goals or schedules set forth by a supervisor or
* Additionally, this position requires incumbents to:
* Crawl, stoop to floor, reach (waist to overhead), bend (arm to
floor), climb (floor to ceiling), lift (up to 50 lbs), see clearly
(20/20), stand (75%), grip, talk and walk (25%).
* Comply with proper gowning requirements and other non-specified
protective equipment as necessary.
* Wear safety glasses, hearing protection and other non-specified
protective equipment as necessary. Incumbents may be exposed to the
following environmental factors: heat, cold, and water.
* Salary range is based on experience
Nephron is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran,
pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, childbirth, medical
needs arising from pregnancy and childbirth and related medical
conditions, including lactation, or any other consideration made
unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp, Columbia , Machinist - Third Shift (10:30 PM to 7:00 AM), Other , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!