Intern - IT Security Compliance- Columbia SC or Richmond VA
Company: Dominion Energy
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Intern - IT Security Compliance- Columbia SC or Richmond VADate:
Oct 28, 2022Location: Cayce, SC, US, 29033-3712Company: Dominion
EnergyAt Dominion Energy we love our jobs. Thats right. Love. Every
day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to
creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days
for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future
of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh
eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to
operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than
ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and
doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company
thats proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you
think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If
you answered yes, then read on!Job SummaryDominion Energy is
seeking a year-round intern who will physically work at
Cayce/Columba, SC OR in historical downtown Richmond, Virginia .
(This is not a remote position). During your internship at Dominion
Energy, you will regularly interact with the IT team to:
- Learn and gain a better understanding of cyber security
controls used in a corporate environment.
- Gain hands on IT real work experience and expand your knowledge
as you learn and apply basic cyber security skills.Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Possess a basic knowledge of Windows 10.
- Demonstrate the ability read and write Microsoft PowerShell or
other related scripting language.
- Possess a basic understanding malware and the defenses used to
mitigate malware threats.
- Possess basic analytical skills and aptitude for understanding
and applying software technical concepts.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and interact with
internal and external consumers and is customer oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Has the ability to read and understand basic reports and
- Ability to evaluate problems and make sound decisions.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of cyber & human performance
- Possesses a basic knowledge of cyber security best
- Possesses a basic understanding and knowledge of current cyber
security best practices.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.Education Requirements
- Must currently be enrolled in a 4 year ABET accredited college
or university degreed program in Information Technology, Cyber
Security, Computer Science, or a related course of study.
- Must be a Junior (Class of 2025) or Senior (Class of 2024)
- Must currently have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be able to work in person in either Cayce/Columbia, SC or
Richmond Virginia. (Dominion Energy provides a stipend for those 50
miles or more from those locations).Export ControlCertain positions
at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology
subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these
export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its
consideration of certain applicants.Other InformationWe offer
excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded
with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which
may include: health benefits with coverage for families and
domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays,
tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our
benefits, click hereDominion Energy is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their protected veteran or disabled status.You can experience
the excitement of our company it's the difference between taking a
job and starting a career.Job Segment: Computer Science, Intern,
Technology, Entry Level
Keywords: Dominion Energy, Columbia , Intern - IT Security Compliance- Columbia SC or Richmond VA, Other , Cayce, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!