Preop/PACU RN (PRN)
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: November 24, 2022
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Preop/PACU RN (PRN)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Assists in provision of nursing care to patients in an Ambulatory
Surgical Center setting. Assumes total responsibility for patient
care in accordance with physician's orders and centers
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient status on admission to
the preop area, the operating room and/or the PACU area and on a
- Utilizes the nursing process for patient assessment, problem
identification, and any interventions.
- Prepares patients for surgical procedures.
- Physiologically monitors patients during procedures as
- Administers and documents medications, solutions and treatments
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures or other
patient care activities.
- Monitors and controls the environment.
- Provides equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner
based on patient's needs.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation.
- Respects patient's rights
- Participates in patient/family teaching based on the
developmental age of patient.
- Performs actions that demonstrate accountability.
- Follows established infection control policies and
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in various programs, in-services, workshops and
- Maintains competencies to function in the RN role within
specific area. (Ex. Preop, OR, and Pacu).
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
which promote a positive environment, teamwork and loyalty to the
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure
quality patient care.
- In accordance with the ambulatory surgery center philosophy,
presents behaviors and actions which create a high level of
customer service to patients, visitors, physicians, vendors and
Surgery Center staff.
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions which support the mission,
goals and operations of the Surgery Center that also contribute to
continuous service improvement.
- Exhibits flexibility, adapting readily to changes in the work
environment and/or work schedule.
- Maintains a positive attitude, even during periods of stress
- Maintains positive attendance and communicate in advance any
absences from work.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing; current state RN
- CPR required.
- ACLS required.
- Minimum one year in pre-operative, intra-operative and
post-operative surgical patient care.
- Orthopedic experience preferred.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Columbia , Preop/PACU RN (PRN), Other , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!