Life Enrichment Aide
Posted on: September 25, 2022
DescriptionPruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer.
-JOB PURPOSE: - -Responsible for the creation and maintenance of
on-going therapeutic programs and activities to meet the
diversified interests and therapeutic needs of assigned resident. -
The goal of all programming should be to enrich and improve
residents' quality of life and their overall functioning. - All
activities are to be conducted in accordance to state/federal
regulations and facility requirements. - All activities should be
conducted in accordance with the organization's core values should
be focused on the accomplishment of the organization's mission. -
This position will participate in the care plan process for
assigned residents and document recreational therapy opportunities
provided. - This position will collaborate on campus-wide activity
events with the Life Enrichment team. -KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides activities to assigned residents in a long-term care
setting. - Ensures that all activities are compliant with federal
and state regulations and facility policies. - Ensures that all
activity programming meets the interests and needs of assigned
residents and have a therapeutic outcome to both improve residents'
quality of life and their overall functioning.
- Coordinates all aspects of a therapeutic recreation program for
assigned residents, including creating, scheduling, developing,
implementing, and evaluating programs designed to meet their
- Determines/Assesses the individual interests and needs of each
assigned resident; evaluates; develops/delivers activities designed
to meet identified interests and therapeutic needs. - Creates and
facilitates activities appropriate for different resident groups,
different functional abilities, and different interests. -
Encourages residents to participate in a variety of activities and
- Estimates time needed for activities and schedules
- Coordinates, updates and maintains documentation and medical
information for assigned residents, related to activity
programming, calendars, individual charting, progress notes and
nurse's notes. Participates in interdisciplinary care plan
conferences and plans therapeutic recreation activities for
assigned residents based on the care plan. - Maintains current
charting and MDS as required.
- Interacts with residents on a daily basis to affirm their
self-esteem and to alleviate feelings of loneliness and depression.
Initiates interaction with residents as appropriate. - Assists
residents in adjusting to life in their new environment.
Communicates with and notifies other staff members of any
information related to activity programming or recognized changes
in condition. - Speaks with resident concerning their troubles and
problems. - Affirm resident's identities and needs as
- Transports (or arranges for transportation) residents to/from
activities and programming in which the residents wish to
participate. - Transports residents to off-campus activities in
15-passenger van or wheelchair van, as needed.
- Anticipates special days/holidays and plans ahead for special
programs and/or thematic activities.
- Arranges for special entertainment and diversions for
residents. Coordinates dates and times for entertainers and
programs. - Facilitates the use of building and sound equipment for
entertainers and programs.
- Establishes a schedule of activities for assigned residents and
publishes schedule according to facility procedures.
- Arranges for and facilitates special activities for residents
with special interests and/or needs.
- Collaborates with campus staff to better serve resident needs
and improve quality of life.
- Supervises and trains assigned partners or volunteers.
- Responds to residents, staff and families in a courteous,
- Furnishes ample opportunities for residents to participate in
all programming offered, including activities provided by other
departments (i.e. spiritual care).
- Assists the volunteer coordinator in the recruitment and
training of facility volunteers as needed. Originates new ideas for
activities and present to staff and management.
- Communicates volunteer needs to the volunteer coordinator. -
Appropriately supervises and fully utilizes assigned staff. -
- Motivates and encourages volunteers to ensure continued service
to the department and organization. - Recognizes/praises volunteers
for their contribution as appropriate. -
- Participates with the Life Enrichment team in campus-wide
programs and special events.
- Transcribes admission information into records and responsible
- Operates within assigned budget.To Apply please email
REQUIRED:Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation or a related
field required. -MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:A minimum of one (1)
years' experience in an activities or recreation program
-ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)National or
state recreation certification and/or Certified Activities
Professional designation strongly preferred. Certified nursing
assistant preferred. - Experience in an activities or recreation
program within a long term care or assisted living facility.Proof
of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption required by date of
hireFamily Makes Us Stronger. Our family, your family, one family.
Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United in making a
difference. We are eager to connect with you! Apply Now to get
started at PruittHealth!As a condition of employment at
PruittHealth, all employees are required to provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved.As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer,
all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
veteran status.Job: Social ServicesPrimary Location: South
Carolina-RidgewaySchedule: Full-timeShift: VariableJob Posting: Aug
10, 2022, 11:25:24 AM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Columbia , Life Enrichment Aide, Other , Ridgeway, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!