Biostatistician, Cardiovascular Service Line - FT Days
Company: Prisma Health
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Applies comprehensive knowledge of statistics and the scientific
method to the development/design, analysis and reporting of
healthcare quality and/or research studies. Provides guidance in
appropriate study design, sample size, data collection methodology,
and analysis methods for any Prisma Health-initiated or
collaborative studies. Supports Prisma Health physicians, clinical
faculty, administrators and staff through preparation of
statistical analysis plans, detailed statistical analyses of data
and written documents needed for reports, presentations and/or
peer-reviewed publications. Advises the system as to process,
methods or education needed to improve data, analytic processes and
quality or research-related activities.
- Consults with investigators on clinical research design,
statistical methods and analysis. Actively contributes to the
development of research protocols by working with investigators to
refine research questions, develop statistical analysis plans, and
analyze resulting data. Collaborates on reports and manuscripts for
presentation and publication.
- Works with the Quality and other departments throughout Prisma
Health to develop and analyze quality improvement studies and data
from various databases (Data Warehouse, Clinical Registries,
- Analyzes data, prepares reports and presents quality-study
results to physicians, investigators, administrators, etc.
throughout Prisma Health. Supports Six-Sigma project teams with
comprehensive statistical analyses.
- Teaches biostatistical courses, gives seminars or participates
in journal clubs as requested by the Academic Chairs.
- Performs other duties associated with teaching and research
activity of the Quality Management Dept. as requested by the
Manager, Clinical Data Analysis, Director of Quality Mgmt, or VP
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor,
manager, director, or executive.
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Statistics, or
- 2 years of experience required as a research collaborator with
evidence of scholarly publication and/or data analysis
In Lieu Of
- Team members hired prior to 7/20/2020 will be grandfathered
under the previous experience requirements.
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in statistical analysis, evaluation and experimental
research design activities required
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Ability to think strategically about research issues and
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical material,
both orally and in writing required
Day (United States of America)
1510 Richland Hospital
15106546 Heart Hospital Administration
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform
healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The
transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every
role here at Prisma Health.
Keywords: Prisma Health, Columbia , Biostatistician, Cardiovascular Service Line - FT Days, Other , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!