MUHA CU20 - Multi-Modality Tech RT(R)(CT) - Northeast - $15,000 SIGN-ON/RETENTION BONUS
Company: MUSC Health University Hospital
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job no: A759810
Entity: Medical University Hospital Authority (Medical Center)
Department: Columbia Regional - Columbia Medical Center
Sub Department: MUHA-9422500-RADIOLOGY UNIT DIAGNOSTIC
Work type: Full-Time
Employee Type: MUHA-Regular
Location: Columbia, SC
Categories: Allied Health & Laboratory Services
Pay scale: MUHA-Grade M: $51,920.64 - $68,301.00 (min - mid)
- Operates imaging equipment (radiographic, fluoroscopic,
portable, C-arm, MRI, NM, US and CT) following radiation safety
guidelines based on hospital policy and regulatory
- Provides radiographic support for all areas of the Hospital as
- Operates other patient care equipment/devices as appropriate
oxygen, suction, syringes, monitors, blood pressure cuff,
stethoscope, wheelchairs, stretchers and compression devices.
- Position patients accurately for specific anatomic imaging
using appropriate immobilization devices when required. Avoids
excessive repeated examinations by following guidelines.
- Calculates exposure factors for optimum quality studies.
Adheres to the use of predetermined protocols as outlined by the
- Provides radiation protection 100% of time to self, patients,
visitors and other health care professionals. Adheres to all
polices and procedures related to radiation safety per Providence
Hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and insures that quality
is present before dismissing patients or submitting images for
interpretation. Patient recalls must be kept to an absolute
- Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs
of each patient. Communicates in a clear, concise, accurate and
- Maintains competency for venipuncture, specific to the
requirements of the modality.
- Initiates life support systems in a competent, capable and calm
manner when necessary. Understands the operation of suction and
oxygen. Basic understanding and familiarity with drugs in crash
- Maintains certification-ARR, SCRQSA. Assumes responsibility for
continuing educational requirements required for continues
- Enters required information into Meditech in a timely
- Properly identifies patient, verifies orders, history and other
relevant information to assist Radiologist with
- Follows up on all requested call reports, fax reports, critical
results as required.
[South Carolina, United States] Radiologic Technologists and
Certified by The American Registry of Radiologic Technology or
other licensing body or is Registry eligible. Certified by the
State of SC.
Training must have included care of patients of all ages-pediatric,
teens, adult and geriatric patients. Technologists performing
routine diagnostic radiography must become registered within one
(1) year of employment. Technologists hired in specialty modalities
who are unregistered at the time of employment, must become
registered/certified within two (2) years.
Graduate of (an approved school or training program) a 24-month
approved School of Radiologic Technology or other approved training
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or
federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to
apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon
applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Opening date: 11 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Keywords: MUSC Health University Hospital, Columbia , MUHA CU20 - Multi-Modality Tech RT(R)(CT) - Northeast - $15,000 SIGN-ON/RETENTION BONUS, Other , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!