Company: ElectriCom Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Location: Sumter, SCSalary Interval: HourlyPosition
DescriptionElectriCom, a Utility Construction company, was founded
in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana. ElectriCom has experienced continuous
growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on
family values both in the workplace and with its customer base.
ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for
a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for
both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance
will have the opportunity for advancement and further development
of skills. ElectriCom is looking for a Utility/Cable Locator around
Sumter, SC. The primary responsibility for this position will be to
locate underground copper and fiber optic cable correctly, safely,
and efficiently. This will require that you manage your own daily
route and schedule within certain parameters. You must be committed
to the high quality and accuracy of your work to ensure that
customers and contractors can operate in completely safe
environments and with full knowledge of the location of any
underground fiber optics they may encounter.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Searching for underground copper and fiber optic facilities by
utilizing blueprints and as-build drawings, as well as visible
landmarks that indicate the presence of buried facilities, then
accurately identifying and marking the location.
- Completing all necessary paperwork.
- Maintaining daily contact with utility managers, crews,
homeowners, and contractors to discuss locate issues.
- Receiving daily locates via computer/device.
- Prioritizing your daily work by going through all locate
requests to determine routing.
- Reading and understanding provided maps to assist in
identification of underground fiber optics.
- Ensuring that customers and contractors suffer no damages or
injuries due to mis-located fiber optics.
- Responding to emergency calls in a timely manner and working
periodic weekend or evening on-call rotation.
- Working closely with GIS/CAD personnel to insure that up to
date fiber maps are accurate for system and contract
- Providing a safe work environment by being knowledgeable of and
enforcing all state, local, and federal safety regulations, and
company safety policies.
- Operating and monitoring company-owned vehicle by inspecting
condition daily and maintaining a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to work full-time, in an outdoor environment
and in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime and
be willing to travel.
- Routine Training as assigned (LMS, OSHA-10 hour, etc.).
- Roadside Traffic Control.COMPANY BENEFITS
- Competitive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, and
- Health Savings Account (HSA) w/ Company Contributions &
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Virtual Doctor Service through Teladoc
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability after 3 years
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance & Voluntary Short-Term
- Vacation Time/PTO and Paid Holidays
- Paid weekly
- Per Diem EligibilityPossible Sign-on
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years of verifiable telecommunications locating experience
and an in depth knowledge of copper telecommunication facility
- Knowledge of underground utility construction and your assigned
- Knowledge of copper plant, opening pedestals, determining
directional markers, and locating multiple copper cables in and out
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and
- Must possess the necessary skills to effectively communicate
with internal and external customers, contractors, and company
- Must possess strong organizational and problem-solving
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles a day in all weather
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to
- Flexibility and temperament to adapt to sudden challenges and
changing work conditions.
- Willingness to change schedule at short notice to respond to
- Availability for weekend on-call duty, as required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle and maintain a valid
driver's license.Equal Opportunity EmployerElectriCom is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity,
religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any
other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona
fide occupational qualification).PI177155938
Keywords: ElectriCom Inc, Columbia , Utility Locator, Other , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!