Company: Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a privately owned global
leader in the manufacturing of generic drug products,
over-the-counter (OTC) drug products and medical devices. Nephron's
products are sterile, preservative and additive free and proudly
made in the USA! We are headquartered in West Columbia, South
Carolina, with additional distribution centers in Kentucky and
Arizona. Our location provides the ability to develop new devices
and medications including respiratory therapies, ophthalmics, and
injectables, for in-house or contract manufacturing opportunities.
The facility utilizes completely automated manufacturing,
packaging, and distribution systems, in addition to high volume and
redundant utility systems, to ensure production system
availability. Nephron specializes in Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS)
manufacturing, a niche technology that allows a vial of medication
to be formed, filled and sealed in a continuous process, in a
sterile, enclosed environment and without human intervention.
As an industry leader in product safety and quality, Nephron
produces a variety of inhalation solutions, and has distributed
over 1 billion doses of respiratory medication per year since 2009.
Nephron is currently working on research and development projects
that include over 50 new products. The company's longstanding
relationships with major drug wholesalers allow us to distribute
our products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies,
hospitals, home care companies, and long term care facilities.
Nephron has a sales force that covers all fifty states and Puerto
Rico, with additional sales channels throughout South America, the
Middle East, and Europe. Nephron exists to provide top-quality,
affordable medications to everyone.
* The Procurement Specialist analyzes costs, negotiates contract
details, and offers strategies and solutions to help better manage
costs on supplies and vendor services. Additional duties include
managing inventory, placing purchase orders, tracking orders,
resolving issues concerning price disputes, and making bids for a
NOTE: The primary accountabilities and knowledge, skills and
abilities listed below are intended to describe the general content
of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an
exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most
of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or
responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents' performance
objectives as outlined by the incumbents' immediate supervisor or
* Responsible for new vendor set up, including pricing agreements
and payment terms. Ensures efficient operation of the supply chain
with the objective of improving quality, price, and supplier
* Ensures that all purchase orders, supplier numbers, part
numbers/descriptions, corrections and maintenance of the computer
system are performed accurately
* Informs suppliers of item rejections, as well as finalizes
settlements with respect to reimbursement and/or replacement
* Continuously reviews existing pricing and negotiating savings
* In partnership with internal stakeholders and departments, tracks
usage as well as on hand inventory for production and warehousing
through existing automated and manual tools
* Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in
business, supply chain management, or data analytics preferred
* Computers skills necessary; experience with inventory management
and demand planning preferred
* Solid communication and interpersonal relationship skills
* Specific expertise, skills, and knowledge within procurement
gained through education, course work, and experience preferred
* Ability to manage a multitude of resources while maintaining
accurate and current with data and information
* Ability and willingness to change direction and focus to meet
shifting organizational and business demands
* Ability to create and contribute to environment that values
people, encourages trust, teamwork, and open communication, and
provides participation, learning, feedback and recognition.
* Ability to effectively manage one self, demonstrates integrity,
be productive under pressure, and achieve development goals.
* Position requires bending, typing, climbing, lifting, reaching,
standing, sitting (60%), walking, and hearing.
* Salary range: Based on experience
* Hours of Work: primarily business hours, Monday through Friday;
with ability to work on nights and weekends as company need
* EEO Statement:
Nephron is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, mental or physical disability of a qualified individual,
veteran or military status, pregnancy, marital status, familial
status, genetic information, or any other consideration made
unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp, Columbia , Procurement Specialist, Other , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!