Company: Nucor Steel Auburn, Inc.
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Details Division: [[division_obj]] Location: [[filter4]] ,
[[filter3]] , [[filter2]] Other Available Locations: [[mfield1]]
Basic Job Functions:
- Interacts and establishes relationships with suppliers,
consumers and freight vendors.
- Communicates and serves as a liaison between traders, suppliers
and consumers along with Regional Offices and all other DJJ
- Coordinates and schedules shipments and maintains close
- Negotiates freight rates with truck lines and processes freight
- Coordinates handling, disposition and reporting of rejections
- Coordinates the administration of contractual agreements.
- Reviews and analyzes various reports and initiates the handling
required to maintain a current status.
- Identifies best practices to streamline processes and will
assist with the development and testing of new procedures.
- Performs other duties as directed by Regional Business Center
Manager.[[cust_safetyState]] Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years college business courses or equivalent work
- Minimum 2 years of commercial customer service
- Proven independent thinking skills and initiative; ability to
work under general supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, flexible to changing
- Ability to work with deadlines and to appropriately resolve
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
- Professional telephone skills with the ability to handle
difficult telephone communications.
- Proficient PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft
Windows, Word and Excel with ability to quickly learn in-house
- Knowledge of transportation industry, including working
knowledge of shipping/scheduling vocabulary and terms is a
- Bi-lingual speaking skills in Spanish preferred.Nucor is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets and
a drug free workplace
Keywords: Nucor Steel Auburn, Inc., Columbia , Account Coordinator, Other , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!