Analyst, Financial II
Company: Electric Power Research Institute
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Analyst, Financial II
Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN
Job Summary and Description:
In support of sector finance activities, the incumbent compiles
financial information and performs analysis for assigned
responsibility area. Analyzes variance to budget/forecast at
program/project/account level, identifies trends, and monitors
overhead recovery. Interprets findings and communicates operating
information from analysis to program/project leaders. Assists in
preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts. Interfaces
with Finance and Sector leaders to assist in developing and
communicating planning assumptions. Works closely with
sector/department personnel to ensure budget/forecasts are complete
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and
presentations of financial information for assigned responsibility
- Assists management in constructing the annual operating plan of
revenues, funding, expense, and capital projects.
- Establishes procedures for collecting and troubleshooting data
to ensure the reliability of financial reports.
- Uses available technology and strives for continuous process
- Identifies areas of risk or noncompliance and shows initiative
in driving for resolution.
- Serves as liaison between Accounting, contractors, project
managers, management and administrative staff to ensure common,
accurate understanding of contract requirements and
- Through an understanding of generally accepted accounting
principles, advises internal customers on the proper accounting
treatment of costs, and the application of EPRI accounting
- Participates in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
by providing accruals, billings and responding to information
requests. Supports the annual audit process.
- Provides data, financial information or analysis in response to
ad hoc requests.
- Represents FP&A group on team project efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business is
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting, financial
analysis, and/or budgeting is required.
- Firm understanding of common financial concepts, practices, and
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (U.S.
GAAP) is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of project accounting concepts.
- Broad understanding of data mining.
Skills and Attributes:
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by
the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security
Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status
of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form
against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please
indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S.
visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Energy.
- Relies on experience and judgment to perform job duties. Works
with limited direction.
- Advanced computer skills (enterprise resource planning systems,
Microsoft applications, data warehouse) are required.
- Finance technical proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; independent problem-solver
- Sound business judgment
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Effective team member
- Inquisitive, independent thinker
- Works well under pressure and manages multiple priorities at
the same time
Keywords: Electric Power Research Institute, Columbia , Analyst, Financial II, Other , Camden, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!