Production Operator I
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Talley Metals, a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology
Corporation in Hartsville, South Carolina, is a mini-mill
supplying a variety of sizes and specifications of high-quality
round, square and hexagonal stainless steel bars for distribution.
Carpenter acquired Talley in 1997 to increase manufacturing
capacity within the corporation’s core Specialty Alloys Operations
Production Operator I
- Reads and implements order requirements that are
described on the work ticket.
- Consults with previous shift operators to assure a smooth
transition from shift to shift. Examples include determining
machine adjustments and material requirements for jobs that will be
- Set rollers and guides as specified by job
- Observes machine operation throughout the line or work
area with particular attention being made to safety, detection of
work piece defects and machine operation.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of
machine operation and makes subsequent adjustments as required to
achieve proper dimensions and surface condition.
- When changes to a size occurs the operator checks and
ensures that uncoilers, pre-straighteners, peelers, straighteners,
grinders saws, and/or sander/polishers are set up properly for the
new job. The operator replaces parts and makes adjustments as
- Ensures that chip buckets are changed-out with each new
grade-type that is processed.
- Changes straightener rollers as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow
- Requires the ability to pass a pre-employment test which
includes a background check, physical including drug and
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Columbia , Production Operator I, Other , Camden, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!