Quality Manager- Manufacturing
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: October 9, 2021
The Carpenter Technology Corporation “Hartsville Operations”
located in McBee, South Carolina, is a mini mill supplying a
variety of sizes and specifications of high-quality round, square
and hexagonal stainless-steel bars for distribution. Carpenter
Technology acquired Talley Metals in 1997 to increase manufacturing
capacity within the corporation’s core Specialty Alloys Operations
Quality Manager – Manufacturing
- Lead and manage a site Quality organization that includes
Quality Assurance, Nondestructive Testing, Metallurgical,
Mechanical, Magnetic and Chemical testing operations.
- Manage Quality Assurance including the Quality Management
System (QMS), Designated Supplier Quality Reps (DSQR) and
implementing the Carpenter Operating System (COS).
- Lead Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Level III personnel and
support of operations with NDT procedures, set-up bar (RCB)
development, NDT operator training/qualification, NDT calibration
and transducer evaluation processes.
- Oversee Met Lab operations including sample preparation, heat
treatment, macro disk inspection, metallographic, mechanical,
- Ensures compliance to customer and industry requirements
including Nadcap (HT, MTL, UT), AS9100, AS9120, ISO 17025, ASTM and
European Directive as well as other standards based on business
- Interact with customers, suppliers and third party auditors for
quality system audits or product related issues.
- Develop and implement appropriate systems, metrics and
processes for effectively detecting and solving issues toward
standardizing and preventing recurrence.
- Promote and implement process management including risk
assessment and mitigation, measurement of Critical Process
Variables (CPV), development of control plans, validation of
processes and the use of statistical methods.
- Manage fixed and variable cost budgets while meeting corporate
objectives related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Proactively gain the necessary quality and operating system
knowledge to support the QMS and operating model.
- Coach, counsel, and communicate performance expectations to own
employees, and effectively communicate customer and industry
quality requirements to all Carpenter employees.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in the Material, Engineering, Quality
Sciences or related field, and (7) seven or more years of Quality
Management System and Testing experience.Have well-informed
knowledge of industry manufacturing processes and products,
inspection/testing methods, and continuous improvement and root
cause problem solving methodologies.
- Develop departmental plans including business, production
and/or organizational priorities.
- Manage resources to ensure financial and operational objectives
- Ability to manage, lead, coach and objectively evaluate the
performance of others, to organize and prioritize tasks and
make appropriate decisions, mentor staff and provide developmental
opportunities within or across departments, manage, direct and
strengthen the organizational effectiveness of a Quality group,
support interaction with customers, suppliers and third party
auditors related to quality system and product related issues,
improve quality through structured continuous improvement processes
and to effectively communicate to raise the awareness level of
Carpenter's employees concerning Carpenter customers' and industry
- Results oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities while
- Develop relationships with key customers and identifies
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Columbia , Quality Manager- Manufacturing, Other , Camden, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!