Machine Operators Needed in Swansea
Company: TRC Staffing
Posted on: September 14, 2021
We are currently looking for Machine Operators in the
Swansea, SC area!
SHIFT & PAY
Day shift or Night shift
Swing Shift: 7:15am - 7:30pm and 7:15pm - 07:30am
Provides assistance to the shirring department by performing
semi-skilled labor and operating required equipment. Keeps work
areas in clean and orderly condition. Reports to Shirring
Department Team Leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform a variety of routine tasks to assist in production
- Transport materials, supplies, components, and packaged product
between work areas, using work aids, such as racks, carts, and hand
- Examine and measure product to verify conformance to company
- Examine product for defects and to ensure proper functioning,
using a water link test.
- Deliver supplies to work stations.
- Record information, such as number of product tested, using
computerized data entry.
- Collect and discard trash to maintain machinery and work
- Utilize proper safety precautions related to all work
Education and Experience and requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent; Work Keys scores as
- Previous work experience and specifically Manufacturing
experience a plus.
- A criminal background check and drug screen will be required
prior to temporary placement, and pre-screening physical will be
required prior to full time employment.
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to perform routine maintenance of work areas and
determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, and quality
control methods for maximizing the effective manufacturing and
distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of mechanical
equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks for extended
periods of time.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
Location: 100% indoors
Hazards: Moving equipment, trip obstacles, slippery
Safety Equipment: Non-skid safety shoes, safety glasses,
color-coded smocks, hairnets
Essential functions require maintaining physical condition
- Standing / Walking: Constantly, throughout 12-hour work
- Sitting: Infrequently, during breaks and lunch
- Lift / Carry: Constantly, 1-75 lbs., equipment,
- Bending / Twisting: Frequently, at waist, knees, and
neck throughout work shift. Some twisting is required, but can be
avoided with attention to proper body mechanics.
- Kneeling / Crouching: Infrequently, may be required
while retrieving supplies from lower shelves
- Hands / Arms: Constant use in reaching, handling,
grasping, and using fingers while operating equipment and tools.
Overhead reaching required throughout shift.
- Sight: Constantly, in performing job tasks and
maintaining safety standards on the job. Requires depth perception
and hand / eye coordination in the operation of equipment and tool
- Speech / Hearing: Constantly, communicating
Please send resumes to
Keywords: TRC Staffing, Columbia , Machine Operators Needed in Swansea, Other , SWANSEA, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!