LPN Unit Manager in Newberry, SC! Sign-on bonus!
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Nursing Home has a 5-Star rating in Quality of Resident
Care. We are looking for a compassionate Licensed
Practical Nurse Unit Manager who is interested in career
progression, to join our team!
What We Offer You:
- A Generous Sign-on Bonus for Full-time (limited time
- Competitive Wages
- Wage Based on Experience
- Flexible Shifts to Accommodate Your Work/Life Balance
- Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities That Meet Your
- Daily Pay, Weekly Pay, Bi-Weekly Pay Options Through
On-Shift Wallet (stat pay)
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits for You & Your
- Employee Benefits Concierge – to Guide You in Maximizing Your
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Days with Rollover Option and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account
- Mobile Phone Discount Program
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses and more!
Conveniently located just outside Columbia, is in the heart of
Newberry, SC, voted one of the top 50 charming towns in the United
States, according to the Travel Channel. Known as the “Town of
Friendly Folks,” you will find that at J.F. Hawkins, we exhibit the
town’s motto in our everyday duties. We pride ourselves in being
the only continuing care retirement community, as well as, housing
the only secured memory care unit in the county.
Thank you for considering a career with
We can’t wait to meet you!
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit
in a long term facility
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree
- Licensed as a RN (if state requires) or LPN/LVN in state
- Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
- Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one
year was in a long term care environment.
- Performs General Management Functions such as hiring,
disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address
resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and
maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating
programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and
continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians
interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and
reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets
resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s
conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to
provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their
skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with
- Participates in facility “QA” program
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Columbia , LPN Unit Manager in Newberry, SC! Sign-on bonus!, Other , Newberry, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!