EHS Tech 2
Company: Westinghouse Nuclear
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that
supports Westinghouse's mission to provide clean energy solutions?
At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most
valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the
most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value
of diversity in the global workplace.
EHS Tech 2, Columbia, SC
The purpose and objective of this job is to help maintain
radiation exposure to plant personnel and the public ALARA (As Low
As Reasonably Achievable). This is achieved by collection, analysis
and evaluation of radiological sample data to evaluate radiological
conditions and providing emergency response assistance when
Your day to day:
- Distribute, collect, prepare, and analyze air samples.
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate radiological sample counting
- Process and analyze effluent/environmental samples and uranyl
- Perform respirator fit tests.
- Provide radiological airborne, contamination and airborne
chemical monitoring for routine and non-routine activities and
events in the contamination-controlled area (CCA).
- Evaluate and complete work order requests including survey of
potentially contaminated parts/equipment for transfer or release
from the facility.
- Survey of incoming and outgoing shipments of radioactive
- Leak testing of high efficiency filtration systems.
- Provide support for non-routine requests from internal and
- Provide guidance to radiological workers to minimize personnel
contamination and exposure to radioactive materials.
- Provide support for major radiation safety programs such as
bioassay, dosimetry, instrumentation, transportation, ventilation,
contamination control, environmental monitoring and radiation work
permits, ensuring they are properly managed, documented and
maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Obtain training for proper response to emergency events and
participate in response to events when needed
Who you are:
- High school graduate or the equivalent with technical or
college courses in engineering, math, physics and chemistry or the
- At least two years' experience as a Technician I - this can
include previous experience within the EH&S Operations group.
Trained and signed off on all requirements of RAF-125-14, HP
Technician Radiation Protection Training List.
- Must be able to understand and perform job functions under the
direction of written procedures.
- Must exercise considerable judgment and initiative in
identifying and correcting potential radiological contamination,
airborne and non-compliance situations.
- Must be able to process data and operate instrumentation using
basic computer programs.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to meet and maintain qualifications required
for use of a respirator and self-contained breathing
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy
industry's first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy
solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees
around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being.
In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township,
PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19
different countries. You can learn more by visiting
Keywords: Westinghouse Nuclear, Columbia , EHS Tech 2, Other , Hopkins, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!