Manufacturing Engineering Technician - II
Company: Westinghouse Nuclear
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that
supports Westinghouse's mission to provide clean energy solutions?
At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most
valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the
most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value
of diversity in the global workplace.
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? We have
an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Your Day to Day
Assist engineering and manufacturing personnel by performing a
wide variety of technical assignments concerned with the design,
manufacturing, testing, and deployment of WEC Welding & Machining
tooling systems. Frequent contact with design engineers and shop
personnel for the purpose of receiving instructions, providing and
receiving information, and facilitating technical issue resolution.
This involves providing detailed observations of issues being
encountered and development of recommendations for resolution of
issue in consultation with design engineers. General instructions
on new work assignments are furnished stating the end result
desired. Work is subject to checking by design engineering. Good
technical judgment and initiative are required to accomplish
- Ensure the manufacturing, testing, and service operations are
receiving timely technical support
- Support design engineering in tooling system qualification and
proof of concept testing
- Prepare 3D models and detail drawings in support of lead design
- Perform design and detail drawing development for "Fix It Now"
projects - less complex short cycle efforts.
- Support Manufacturing operations with disposition of technical
issues which occur during manufacturing.
- Support Assembly operations with system assembly and bench
- Conduct qualification testing and prepare data for lead
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you'd bring the following to the
- Two (2) year Associate degree in Mechanical engineering or
Drafting (3D Modeling - Inventor preferred) or Machine Tool
Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years Machine Shop and/or Maintenance and/or Welding
- Understanding and application of part tolerancing for assembly
and use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency with standard Office products (word, excel, etc.)
- Nine to twelve months required to learn job scope.
- Experience with business process improvement principles such as
Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, 5S, Human Performance, etc.
- Extremely competent user of Autocad Inventor or similar 3D
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy
industry's first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy
solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees
around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being.
In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
Employment opportunities may require access to information which
is subject to the export control regulations of the United States.
Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made
in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment
opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the
comparable export control requirements of that country and of the
Keywords: Westinghouse Nuclear, Columbia , Manufacturing Engineering Technician - II, Other , Manning, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!