Location: Remote in North America
We're looking for a Frontend Engineer to join the Experts
engineering team at Zapier. Want to build the UI experiences
empowering automation for the most influential internet APIs? Then
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company
requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and
excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at
Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description
that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We
hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated
to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You love code. You love to take raw ideas and build great
imperfect, but you embrace its functional side. You like to write
simple code and ship new products and features to customers (or
improve existing ones).
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you
also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe
you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative
outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more
than just the code.
You love learning new things. You love researching new tech and
driving forward with the implementation details. Your focus is on
Python, CSS, build tools, shell scripts, you name it. If you don't
already know it, you're ready to learn it.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take
into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't
control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, accessibility,
code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and
modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things
too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and
keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the
rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers,
giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so
you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the
organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes,
including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React
rendering, and TypeScript typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data
on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and write tests.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks using tools like
Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Refactor or improve existing code as languages, frameworks, or
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create
amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to
connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to
improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having
lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures and APIs.
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with
lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: Zapier is a startup so everything can change as we
experiment with new product and technical ideas.
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via
support to ensure they have the best experience possible, or
participate in user research calls.
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world
automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by
helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and
that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower
businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do
what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact
with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble.
Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more
getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All
teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote in North America
Our team of 350+ is distributed (remote) because it lets us work
with the best people. We have team members that live in the United
Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand,
Australia, and more! While we can hire many roles in locations
anywhere in the world, some require specific timezone fits.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple
laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least
2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per
year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with
great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly
get to interact with people from these great companies
- While we take care of our international folks as best we can,
currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to
UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work
with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or
mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon
for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our
differences because those differences are what allow us to make a
product that serves a global user base.