Sr. Production Manager- Quality
Company: Sleep Number Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Sr. Production Manager is a critical role within the
company, as they lead the team that is responsible for all aspects
of the Department Operation. This role would monitor job
performance, ensure consistency in execution, drive efficiencies,
drive Quality improvements and assist in training. In addition,
they would provide frequent real time updates to various
departments at various levels as well as manage and schedule direct
reports to meet or exceed all customers' expectations both internal
- Responsible for the oversight of a multi-shift operations.
- Manage Department operations team to meet or exceed all
business objectives and requirements.
- Collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, the
lean team and documentation writers to develop detailed standard
work, work instructions and processes to ensure they are
- Report on Department operations and performance as required
(hourly, daily, weekly, monthly by area and by shift).
- Manage daily inventory levels for operation.
- Engage in and create continuous improvement efforts and monitor
- Safety: Drive a safety culture, ensure compliance with SN and
regulatory safety policies and guidelines, and create an
environment that drives improvement and eliminates/minimizes
Injuries, Recordables and LWD
- Quality: Align with SN quality metrics and initiatives to
achieve 100% First Time Complete (both delivery and quality).
- Execute performance management process for team members to
include employee development.
- Drive company initiatives to improve the customer experience,
productivity and efficiencies.
- Execute Labor Planning and manage workflow and monitor hourly
employees, including overtime reduction efforts.
- Other duties as assigned. The Department operations requires
its team members to demonstrate excellent teamwork, collaboration
and the ability to work cross-functionally as business needs
Key Performance Indicators
- Safety: Total Injuries, Recordable Incident Rate (RIR) and Lost
Work Day (LWDR)
- Quality: First Pass Yield, Pick Accuracy, Inventory Accuracy
and 0-30 Day Warranty Metrics
- Cost: Meet or exceed Department productivity metrics (rates,
cost per hour, AOP and forecasts).
- Customer Experience: First Pass Yield, Delivery Performance and
Average Shipping Lead Time.
- Employee Engagement Index
Experience, Education & Certifications
- 5 years of direct supervision of others preferably in a
multi-site quality or production operation
- 3 or more years' experience working in a fast-paced
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred (Mechanical
Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering,
Systems Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management
preferred) or 6+ years as a Sleep Number employee.
- Launch experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Quality,
Manufacturing, Fulfillment Operations and Supply Chain principles
and practices (preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and/or experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement
- Travel as required up to 20%, generally not more than 10%
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Data Gathering and Analysis - Use company technologies to
- Project Management - Ability to plan and manage projects and
processes as well as allocate resources and monitor progress
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to articulate department needs to other functional
areas both inside and outside of the Department
- Ability to influence, motivate and guide a diversified group of
team members to achieve business objectives and utilize a
continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical skills and very comfortable working with data
- Fact-Based Management to drive business decisions, business
objectives and continuous improvement
- Effective organizational and planning skills and can execute on
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, Oracle ERP and SN routing
and information systems
- Must be able to travel (up to 20%) and work weekends and long
hours as needed
Keywords: Sleep Number Corporation, Columbia , Sr. Production Manager- Quality, Other , Irmo, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!