Machining Technician III
Company: Westinghouse Nuclear
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that
supports Westinghouse's mission to provide clean energy solutions?
At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most
valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the
most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value
of diversity in the global workplace.
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? We have
an exciting opportunity for a Machining Technician III.
Your Day to Day
Responsible for all aspects of production tooling, and
preventative maintenance programs of fabrication equipment. Assist
Sr Supervisor in training and development of manufacturing
personnel by performing a wide variety of technical assignments
concerned with the manufacturing, testing, and deployment of WEC
Welding & Machining tooling systems. This involves providing
detailed observations of issues being encountered and development
of recommendations for resolution of issue in consultation with Sr
Supervisor. Performs non-repetitive task of a complex and difficult
nature involving the set-up and operation of a wide variety of
machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Requires
advanced application of knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal
properties, layout, and machining procedures to fabricate or modify
parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial
- Works with supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to develop
and exchange technical and machine operation methods
- Develop and maintain tooling and equipment for machining &
fabrication operations, to include training for operators on proper
tooling usage, storage, and handling.
- Develop and create preventive maintenance program for
fabrication equipment, to include tracking metrics.
- Creates and maintains process documentation including operating
procedures for CNC operations
- Works from blueprints, rough sketches, production diagrams,
engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety
of complex machined components.
- Measures, examines, or test completed units to check for
defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools
used to perform precision machining operations.
- Program computers or electronic instruments, such as
numerically controlled machine tools.
- Determines operating methods and sequences; lays out, sets up
and fabricates precision parts, tooling and fixtures to exacting
tolerances and dimensions.
- May support prototype development activities, working with
design engineers and mechanical designers on the design feasibility
of prototype machine parts and assemblies relative to form, fit and
- Makes complex shop calculations to layout difficult patterns
and determines tooling feeds and speeds. Knows the working
qualities of a wide variety of materials including aluminum, steel,
copper, brass, other metals, plastics and exotics.
- Inspects work for conformance to specifications.
- Prepares recommendations for improvements in methods or
processes relative to improved productivity and quality.
- Training Mentor and / or provide technical guidance related to
the operations of specialized machine tools and related equipment
to other Machinist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
As a successful candidate, you'd bring the following to the
- Two(2) year Associate degree in Machine Tool Technologyor a
related degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6years Machine Shop and/or Maintenance and/or Welding
- Understanding and application of part tolerancing for assembly
and use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency with standard Office products (word, excel, etc.)
- Experience with tooling and maintenance programs for manual and
CNC machining centers.
- Excellent knowledge of G and M Codes, AutoCAD, Esprit, Easy
Track, Master Cam, and Solid Works etc
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy
industry's first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy
solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees
around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being.
In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
Employment opportunities may require access to information which
is subject to the export control regulations of the United States.
Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made
in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment
opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the
comparable export control requirements of that country and of the
Keywords: Westinghouse Nuclear, Columbia , Machining Technician III, Other , Manning, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!