Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging
solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We
trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company,
founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of
more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7
billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the
Did you know.
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink
your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials,
meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the
- Ardagh Metal - Beverage North America produces approximately
15.4 billion cans and 15.3 billion ends each year?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content
among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation
for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible,
pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new
ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative
environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Electrical Technician is responsible for modifying
rebuilding repairing or overhauling all types of electronic
electrical equipment and controls. Installation and maintenance of
mechanical equipment including heating and air conditioning
equipment. Modify maintain and install PLC programs. Analyze and
correct electrical electronic problems.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and
work instructions especially for Electrical Safety LockoutTagout
Machine Guarding Housekeeping SQF and Personal Protective
- Modify maintain and install PLC programs.
- Develop new programs as directed. Identify PLC problems
troubleshoot and maintain updated documentation and wiring
- Assist and or participate in the installation and or change of
the layout of machines and mechanical equipment in a plant layout
and assemble as necessary conforming to building codes and similar
specifications Use measuring devices in constructing machine
foundations and installing machines and equipment in correct
- Receive wiring diagrams drawings specifications and
instructions covering scheduled and emergency repair installation
and inspection work to be done.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of
electrical and electronic theory and principles wiring
specifications codes properties of various materials and principles
of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Analyze types of circuits wiring diagrams networks and drawings
as required to install repair adjust calibrate construct modify
replace or service types of electronic devices and systems
including communication systems electronic gauges controls and
regulator power and distribution control equipment measuring
recording processing and indicating devices.
- Perform industrial truck repair and maintenance work on
industrial and small motorized equipment with gas diesel propane
and electrical motors.
- Install repair and maintain refrigeration and air condition
systems and equipment Service electronic equipment by checking
testing and replacing faulty components circuit modules printed
circuit boards and similar electronic devices.
- Maintain install or repair communication cables power
distribution cables and wiring splicing as required.
- Perform any and all types of plant wide electrical maintenance
including installation of electrical conduit.
- Determine need analyze and make necessary running adjustments
repairs overhauls and replacement of parts to electrical equipment.
Maintain performance inventory and maintenance records for
electrical and electronic equipment.
- Advise operators mechanics and other electrical maintenance
personnel of standard operating procedures and requirements for
electronic and electrical equipment and controls.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment
noted and corrective action taken. Operate equipment and assist
production as directed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS EXPERIENCE
- Mechanically inclined familiar with hand tools
- Must have heavy industrialmanufacturing experience in a high
speed operation working with hydraulicpneumatic driven
- Must be able to independently program troubleshoot repair PLC s
and VFD s and create new programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with specific PLC
systems including but not limited to Siemens AllenBradley Rockwell
- Must have 3+ years manufacturing industry electrical and
electronics experience as well as an Associates Degree in either
Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology.
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES
- Able to stand for a long duration of time Able to bend over and
rotate body repeatedly
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds Exposure to heat cold vibrations
odorsfumes and loud noise
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders Able to operate tools
with fine handwrist movements.
- Must be able to work a 4 /4 or 5/2 schedule and willing to work
nights weekends holidays and overtime.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an
equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made
without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including
religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry
(including association, affiliation, or participation with persons
or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or
accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner
status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against
any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit
Nearest Major Market: Columbia
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina