Die Trim Operator
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
The role of the MES EDHR Senior Business Analyst within TGS
Central teams is to serve as the person responsible for analyzing
demand as well as the delivery of Technology & Global Services
(TGS) solutions for the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
Electronic Device History Records (EDHR) area globally.
This role is responsible for driving and shaping demand, as well
as ensuring the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS)
solutions to manufacuturing enabling business adoption of the MES
tools to digitize site manufacturing and quality processes to
collect, store, analyze, and respond to, data recorded to ensure
that products are being manufactured in accordance to our policies,
procedures, and applicable regulations.
This individual will conduct analysis, prepare appropriate
solution direction, and deliver the work. Above all, this
individual will be required to collaborate with internal and
external experts to ensure that business priorities are shaped,
prioritized, and delivered. This is a great opportunity for someone
to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and
workplace solutions together to contribute to the manufacturing
digitalization agenda for the Operations and Quality business
This position reports directly to the Global Business Partner
The objective of this role is to actively partner with the
business Operations and Quality teams (including the business
process networks) to understand their strategic priorities and work
to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep knowledge of BD's Production & MES
environment, including key driver goals, short- and long-term
roadmaps, key personnel, etc.
- Establishing value-adding, strategic partner relationships for
themselves and for the entire TGS function
- Define the standard capabilities and solutions used to
facilitate EDHR for manufacturing sites, ensuring BD's MES design
contains appropriate functionality to enable manufacturing sites to
achieve the company's manufacturing operations and digitalization
- Partner with the SMEs in the Operations and Quality teams to
plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how
they fit into roadmaps and priorities
- Foster and maintain a network of MES EDHR process integrators
across BD within plants and WW business units, including training,
coaching and supporting associates implementing MES solutions.
- Identify and define new opportunities to leverage technology
and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that
directly contribute to driving revenue growth, cost optimization
and/or risk mitigation and compliance.
- Develop strategies for optimal deployment and adoption of new
technology capabilities, services and solutions across the business
and/or the end-customers.
- Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS' Core Areas of
Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are
informed by, and are integrated with, BD's enterprise roadmaps
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing
consistent and effective communication on status and managing
escalation and avoiding risk.
- Build Knowledge and capability in MES technologies and
processes in emerging technology, as well as improvements to
existing investments, by keeping abreast of industry trends and
Subject matter expertise in usage of new trends such as AI and ML
in the context of Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Support the business in the strategy and startup of their
Manufacturing digitalization journey to facilitate EDHR and
Manufacturing analytics capability.
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis
through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting
- Provide support for site manufacturing, quality and engineering
related activities including master data, transaction processing,
and data interface between MES and Control Systems working with
worldwide and local engineering, operations, continuous improvement
and plant IT teams.
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that is
focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens
of what can we do to simplify and improve things.
- Working with our IT partners to coordinate MES functional
support and resolution of critical tickets.
- Understand and leverage the Idea to Realization (I2R) process
for IT solution delivery including demand management, change
control, project management, software validation and the whole
System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Train, coach and support plant associates implementing the
standard MES solutions, working with them to plan, schedule, and
execute MES implementations and upgrades.
- Work with IT and Security teams to ensure system
implementations are compliant to latest standards and policies for
secure industrial networked systems.
- Understand sites use of SAP and other ERPs related to
manufacturing, and integration with MES.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to reduce the
burden of manual entry of data.
- Must be willing to travel in US and internationally.
- Must be willing to travel up to one week per month
(international & domestic)
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic
understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional
relationship building skills and solution-oriented mindset
together. In addition, this person should also possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering,
or equivalent experience.
- Accomplished in multiple process and technology capabilities
across the Manufacturing, and Quality functions, ideally in the Med
- SAP Production Planning, Execution & Quality functional
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) implementation and
support experience required
- Familiarity of Manufacturing Batch/Device History Records,
ideally in the Med device sector.
- Knowledge of FDA 21CFR Part 11, understanding of System
Development Life Cycle and software validation procedures: IQ, OQ,
- Passion for forward thinking digital transformation.
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term
thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges
in a simplified manner
- Must be a leader who can influence stakeholders in written and
- Must have experience and knowledge of change management
principles and methodologies and can formulate new programs to
generate excitement and engagement
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management
approaches, tools, and phases
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working
effectively across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Able to align and work with diverse global stakeholders
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation
- Accepts ownership
- Ability/experience to work in a multinational, multicultural
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- 5+ years experience working in a highly automated manufacturing
- Industrial networking and connectivity to PLCs for data
acquisition, VLANs, Firewalls.
- Programming skills in some of the following; Apriso Process
- Understanding of big data technologies, data analytics,
automation, cloud computing.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes
ESP Huesca - Fraga, ESP San Agustin del Guadalix, FRA Le
Pont-de-Claix Cedex, GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate, GBR
Swindon - Dorcan, IRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road, USA NC -
Research Triangle Park, USA NE - Broken Bow, USA NE - Columbus
(East), USA NE - Columbus (West), USA NE - Holdrege, USA PR Cayey -
Vicks Drive, USA PR Juncos - Road 31, USA SC - Sumter, USA UT -
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Columbia , Die Trim Operator, Other , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!