Buyer - Orangeburg, SC
Company: GKN Aerospace Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
The Buyer will conduct and manage the processes for obtaining
goods and services for the company and serve as agent for the
company in managing supplier relationships and activities. They
will facilitate the process of sending parts to outside Customers,
Suppliers and Vendors and to coordinate the return of parts from
outside process houses back to source of need and coordinate
activity between internal departments and outside suppliers to
insure parts are ready for transport and documentation to the
supplier is clear and accurate. The Buyer will communicate GKN
requirements to ensure that items being sent out are set up and
planned accordingly in the MRP system and coordinate with the
supplier and traffic office the return of completed parts with
required documents, i.e., process certifications.
- Act as an authorized agent of the company with responsibility
for managing all supplier-related activities and authority to
commit company resources through contracts and agreements.
- Manage supplier performance and ensures satisfactory contract
completion and closure.
- Develop and integrate requirements, develops requests for
quotations and proposals, analyzes supplier responses, negotiates
and awards contracts, and manages post-award supplier
- Interface with internal and external customers and
- Develop and guide others in the development of procurement
plans related to cost, schedule, quality, delivery, terms and
- Effectively utilize supply chain management tools.
- Serve on multifunctional teams to define quality, delivery and
- Develop and maintains long-term relationships with vendors and
contractors to ensure a high quality, reliable source of supplies
- Ensure that planning decisions from external customers and
suppliers are incorporated to reduce material and product
- Develop and implement strategies to leverage the optimum prices
and delivery schedules. Ensure the appropriate negotiation of lead
times and price in keeping with these strategies.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Company Policies and
Procedures and applicable FAR and DFAR provisions.
- Act as a mentor and trainer for Buyer I personnel as
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary
for effective performance.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain or related discipline with 3+
years of experience required, or in lieu of Bachelor's, high school
diploma with 5+ years of experience required.
- Advanced experience/knowledge of MS Excel required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export
compliance and/or site SSA requirements.
- Strong grounding in ERP systems and software.
- Recognized materials management certification such as (American
Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) preferred.
- Working knowledge of DFAR and FAR preferred.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems and procedures.
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, etc.
- Strong personal computer skills and strong grounding in ERP
systems and software.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Services, Columbia , Buyer - Orangeburg, SC, Other , Orangeburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!