Social Worker - NHC HealthCare Lexington
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Social Worker at NHC HealthCare Lexington
NHC HealthCare Lexington is looking for a Social Worker to join
our team!! The qualified applicant for this position should hold a
Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work from an accredited
program, and have knowledge of the case management process and
needs of geriatric patients, including funding resources.
- Experience in dealing with people in crises is preferable.
- Knowledge of the case management process, needs of geriatric
patients, health care settings, working knowledge of funding
resources such as Medicare Part A, B, C and D, Medicaid, Managed
Care and other private insurances.
- Imagination and creative ability, skill in working
cooperatively with other professionals, ability to organize and
carry out responsibility efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately both
verbally and in writing in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the center.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment where procedures
cannot be standardized.
- Ability to attend annual NHC sponsored social work conferences.
These conferences may be out of town and require overnight
- Dedicated totally to the success of the center and The Better
- Degree Requirements:
- Prefer Master's degree in Social Work from school or university
accredited by the council on Social Work education or
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work from accredited college or
- Other related human services field degree.
- The social worker is responsible for the quality of social
services rendered by the center.
- Report to the Director of Social Work Services the current
status of social services and present needs as perceived by the
- Understand and abide by established policies of health care
center and interpret them to concerned parties.
- Participate in consultation with the Director of Social Work
Services and the regional social work consultant, especially
pointing out problems and trends that may require company policy
- Maintain confidentiality of professional information.
- Abide by the Policies and Procedures in the NHC Social Work
- Account for use of time, report sickness, and plan vacation
time with the Director of Social Work Services.
National HealthCare Corporation is recognized nationwide as an
innovator in the delivery of quality long-term care. Our goal is to
provide a full range of extended care services, designed to
maximize the well-being and independence of patients of all ages.
We are dedicated to meeting patient needs through an
interdisciplinary approach combining compassionate care with
cost-effective health care services.
The NHC environment is one of encouragement and challenge ...
innovation and improvement ... teamwork and collaboration ... and
honesty and integrity. All NHC employees are committed as partners,
not only to the health of our patients, but to the well-being of
the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and
share NHC's values of honesty and integrity, please apply today and
find out more about us at nhccare.com/locations/lexington/
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Columbia , Social Worker - NHC HealthCare Lexington, Other , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!